Notifications
Clear all

Cyst Or Really Deep Big Clogged Pore?

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:15 pm

Hi all!

For a few months now I have been dealing with these 2 cyst/clogged pores on my inner cheek(close to my nose) For the most part, I'm pretty clear, just a few tiny clogged pores and some left over hyperpigmentation but these stubborn bumps have been haunting me for MONTHS. When I say months, I mean..3, 4 months? It started out as clogged pores from what I can remember, however I did the mistake of wanting to take them all out, so I went ape shi** on my skin, thinking that I was doing good in taking this stuff out of my skin and out of my life. However, I don't think they were ready and I just ended up hurting my skin. I was left with this horrible red patch which later turned into a type of infection. Also, it didn't help that during this time I was using retin-a and rather than making it better it made it worse, of course, should of known. I had no idea what I was doing by doing that but that patch of skin became infected, red, whiteheads, huge cysts, it was horrible. After about 4 months, I can say it's finally getting better. The area is smoother, no whiteheads, bumpiness. However..I can still feel these 2 like bumps/cysts in this area. They remind me of clogged pores since I know if I pick at it I would get the stringy stuff, that's if I press hard enough, I have tried over and over to get it out with no result. I'm pretty sure it could be either a seed like pus or the stringy stuff but I haven't been able to treat correctly. The reason I'm conflicted whether it's a cyst or a clogged pore is when I press hard enough the two bump like pores get VERY big(like a cyst, but could just be inflammation from squeezing?) however when extracted it wouldn't be some sort of explosion but rather stringy stuff, so I'm torn on how to treat it? Could it be a cyst that never vanished and I never picked at it and now it's too deep under the skin that it's unable to come out? Or a clogged pore that turned into a cyst? I'm desperate at this point. I've been using benzaclin for about 3 months now and while it's cleared up my mild acne it hasn't done anything towards helping these pesky bumps. They're flat for the most part but if I press lightly into my skin I can still feel them there and it messes with the texture of my skin and the mark will linger unless I find a way to get rid of them. I just started using tea tree oil to see if it helps, but I think it's too early to tell. I'm thinking about just going to the doctor and getting a cortisone shot and getting rid of these for good but conflicted since many people have ended up with a dent in their skin. I just don't know what to do, can anyone lend a hand? Tips? Suggestions? ANYTHING WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED GUYS!

eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/30/2013 4:13 pm

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 08/30/2013 5:03 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I've already tried using the icing method and ibuprofen but they really do nothing. I don't have any inflammation unless I mess with it and this seems to go down overnight. The ice and ibuprofen seem to work at only reducing inflammation/redness but like i said its flat unless I mess with it. The ziit method seems to work only on new cysts that are barely forming. I'm looking for something that will get rid of it completely. I'm not looking for an overnight miracle but something that will eventually vanish it or make it come to a head where I can easily pop it. I've also tried anti biotic cream with no avail. I'm thinking a cortisone may be my best option at this point :/I'm using tea tree oil every night to see if in the long run it would help. Also just started using manuka honey as a facial to see if it would help as well. I just want these GONE, hate wasting my time on products that may or may not work :[

MemberMember
(@stelth91)

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:23 am

Mmm... I've had milder forms of these before. Normally I would just wait it out but yours doesn't seem to be going away. You also don't want to make it worse again. Do you use BP? Or you could take a risk by squeezing at it and then treat it right away with BP or something like mupericon ointment with is a super powerful anti biotic

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:43 pm

Hi, I'm using benzaclin(clindamycin phosphate and bp) which has cleared up my mild acne but has not done anything for those. I keep convincing myself that my body will just dissolve it on it's own or one day it will just come out and be ready to extract and so far it's been an uphill battle. I think at this point I will just keep treating it with the tea tree oil and keep using the benzaclin as usual. I'm also doing manuka honey masks; hopefully I will see an improvement in a month. If I don't see an improvement I will just have to get a cortisone shot :\ I mean, this sucker has to come out or go away eventually right? Ugh so frustrating, thank you for the replies.