Notifications
Clear all

26 Year Old Male Suffering From Acne

MemberMember
(@mcglocklin)

Posted : 08/30/2013 11:17 am

Hey everyone, I have been on the forums a lot and I finally decided to post a topic for myself.

I never had acne in high school at all, the occasional pimple here and there but nothing serious. My acne troubles started right around when I turned 21. My face became a little bit oily and I would get a new pimple ever week. I went to the dermatologist and she gave me creams and what not but it only made my face worse and made me break out so bad. When I stopped using them my face cleared up and I refused to use any topical creams ever again. As of right now I wash my face in the morning and at night. I only use bar soap from Dove, I heard a lot of people use bar soap and its been pretty good. My diet is extremely strict; I dont eat any carbs and stay away from all dairy. I eat mostly meat, vegetables, nuts and fruit. I work out about 5 times a week to keep in shape and my stress levels down. I also take a multi vitamin, zinc, fish oils, and vitamin D every day, but yet I still break out Are there any males out there suffering like me? Let me know if anyone has any tips to help me out. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/30/2013 4:12 pm

Hey everyone, I have been on the forums a lot and I finally decided to post a topic for myself.

I never had acne in high school at all, the occasional pimple here and there but nothing serious. My acne troubles started right around when I turned 21. My face became a little bit oily and I would get a new pimple ever week. I went to the dermatologist and she gave me creams and what not but it only made my face worse and made me break out so bad. When I stopped using them my face cleared up and I refused to use any topical creams ever again. As of right now I wash my face in the morning and at night. I only use bar soap from Dove, I heard a lot of people use bar soap and its been pretty good. My diet is extremely strict; I dont eat any carbs and stay away from all dairy. I eat mostly meat, vegetables, nuts and fruit. I work out about 5 times a week to keep in shape and my stress levels down. I also take a multi vitamin, zinc, fish oils, and vitamin D every day, but yet I still break out Are there any males out there suffering like me? Let me know if anyone has any tips to help me out. Thank you.

*puts hands up*

MemberMember
(@pdub267)

Posted : 11/14/2014 5:50 pm

Hey McGlocklin,

Totally in the same boat as you, also 26 and a guy, and it's super frustrating! I haven't been to a dermatologist before, but I do everything else right like you, and STILL get new acne almost every week. When one dies another takes its place it seems -___- you posted this in 2013, so I don't know if you're still dealing with this issue or not, but it is a huge confidence killer at our age haha Just me?? Ugh.

Along with doing all you do, I also just started to take garlic capsules since garlic has been shown to have a good amount of sulfur (which decreases inflammation and kills the sebum bacteria). I also just bought some neem oil soap and neem oil. It's gotten great reviews...I'm seeing a difference with it...slowly though-I just bought it like 2 days ago. It smells, but if it works then it works, you know? I also heard that colloidal silver has healed acne well too-haven't tried that one yet.

If you've noticed a change since you've posted, I'd love to hear how you did it haha