Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Retin A For Acne+Scars?

MemberMember
(@ricky-bobby)

Posted : 08/08/2013 10:54 pm

So I started to break out very badly on my cheeks in early June, and my far has been a mess ever since. I've got a number of active pimples, and lots of dark marks and some scarring. I went to the dermatologist and he believed it was severe enough to use Accutane, but he first said I should use Retin A and see if that helps anything. I've been using Retin A for a few days now, and I was just wondering about it. Is Retin A an antibiotic, and will it help with active acne and/ or scars? Also, if I use Accutane will that help with scarring? Side note: My dermatologist told me that the type of acne I have (not cystic or anything like that) is sometimes going to leave scars and red marks regardless of whether I pick it or not, as the pimples are very deep and affect the nearby skin. Does anybody know if Accutane and Retin A will help with scarring and red marks?

MemberMember
(@paperboy-bike)

Posted : 08/08/2013 11:21 pm

Accutane will only help with scars int he sens that it will clear up your acne. It won't treat any scars that are already there. Retin-A can be good at treating red marks and sometimes very shallow acne scars.