Notifications
Clear all

I Just Really Need Some Advice.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 08/06/2013 9:46 am

I feel like crying every day because these are not getting better. I have been on BP for three weeks now. I know I know I need to be patient but the fact is I can't stand looking at myself anymore. I am so sick of having these huge red bumps all over my face. I seriously have had some of them for two months. Why aren't they going away? Why does my face hate me? Should I try using fluoride free toothpaste? Could this be the cause of the problem? And I know I need to give the BP time. There are just days when I feel like giving up. I can't cut out the stress in my life because everything is boiling up right now. I don't sleep well. I do however try to eat a bunch of fruits and vegetables. I drink a bunch of water. I try to take care of myself as best as I can but nothing seems to help. Even when I wasn't stressed my acne was still making this kind of an appearance. I just really want help because I hate going to work I am relieved whenever it is time for me to go home. I hate going out in public and I am dreading going back to college looking like this yet again.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/06/2013 10:27 am

do u have dairy,gluten?

have u ever tested for any intolerance of food or product?

u say u use bp as spot treatment on these for last 3 days and u've seen no improvement watsoever?

MemberMember
(@sumisee)

Posted : 08/06/2013 10:30 am

Try Spironolactone (Aldactone) look it up. its helped woman with hormonal acne and yours is because of the location its on. I am trying it right now and it hasn't helped yet but im trying to remain hopeful. its helped a lot of woman. Nothing worked for me trust me ive tried everything to the point where I went on 2 courses of Accutane. Stop putting chemicals on your face that just made my skin worse, irritated and thinned out. wash with a soap free cleanser and an oil free moisturizer and cetaphil moisturizer at night and that's it and go on Spironolactone (its a pill). anyone can prescribe it so just ask your derm or primary care doc.

Does anyone know how do you guys post your own questions on this site cuz im new?

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 08/06/2013 10:31 am

Yes I have both dairy and gluten and since I live with my parents there is no choice but to stick with the same diet I have. I do not drink pure milk however I drink Almond Milk. I have never been tested for an intolerance of a product no. I have been using BP for three weeks and yes there has been some improvement. I know I have to keep sticking with it I just really would like to know if there is anything else I can be doing.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/06/2013 10:59 am

Try Spironolactone (Aldactone) look it up. its helped woman with hormonal acne and yours is because of the location its on. I am trying it right now and it hasn't helped yet but im trying to remain hopeful. its helped a lot of woman. Nothing worked for me trust me ive tried everything to the point where I went on 2 courses of Accutane. Stop putting chemicals on your face that just made my skin worse, irritated and thinned out. wash with a soap free cleanser and an oil free moisturizer and cetaphil moisturizer at night and that's it and go on Spironolactone (its a pill). anyone can prescribe it so just ask your derm or primary care doc.

Does anyone know how do you guys post your own questions on this site cuz im new?

go to community tab(top pane) --> click on forum --> choose a forum that u feel is apt for ur thread -->click on the 'start new topic' tab(on right hand top of the forum thread list).

Yes I have both dairy and gluten and since I live with my parents there is no choice but to stick with the same diet I have. I do not drink pure milk however I drink Almond Milk. I have never been tested for an intolerance of a product no. I have been using BP for three weeks and yes there has been some improvement. I know I have to keep sticking with it I just really would like to know if there is anything else I can be doing.

almond milk doesnt have the issue of hormones unlike cow's milk.but if u r intolerant to any food(or food group) then unless u stop it,its difficult to prevent ur acne.

i understand the whole living with parents issue.

i had the same problem for a long time,but i figured stuff out.i eat things that are made but i just leave away things that worry me(which they may or may not have).like peanuts in my case.also cheese and dairy dishes.

i also avoid dessert or sweet stuff they have.

u needn't take any test as such.just try 'elimination' from ur diet.test for each food(or food group) for at least a month and wait to see any change/result at all.

start with dessert/sugary drinks/candy(or any sweet stuff)/sugar.

also try to cut packet stuff if u can.

check for gluten.

then check for the milk/dairy product.

night shade members next.

MemberMember
(@thisguy96)

Posted : 08/06/2013 9:56 pm

I know it sucks but it's definitely possible for you to clear up! My acne was the same as yours, right around my mouth and even on my back too though. I went to the derm and we tried a bunch of stuff and nothing worked until I finally took accutane. It cleared me up amazingly my mouth is perfect now! So just remember don't give up because if nothig else works accutane WILL work for you! :)

MemberMember
(@cdnguy)

Posted : 08/06/2013 10:11 pm

Been there. Looks like you have hormonal acne. Birth control helped, but I'd often develop side effects over time and would have to experiment with different brands. I'm currently taking a natural supplement that helps control hormones called EstroSense. You can buy it at natural food stores for about $30. It works great actually! I was very surprised.

I recommend trying it.