Notifications
Clear all

When To Cleanse Face When I'm Going To Gym

MemberMember
(@rhds)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:09 am

So, I'm going to gym in the mornings and am cleansing face straight after I end exercising and take shower, but if I want to include a sauna after the exercises, how would I do then?
So it becomes like: Wake up --> Wash face --> Cleanse --> Gym exercising --> Sauna --> Shower --> Cleansing?
MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:45 am

What's your regimen? Most regimens (especially the acne.org one) require you to wash your face no more than twice a day. It's actually also proven that sweat does not promote breakouts, so you shouldn't feel the need to wash your face twice during the first part of the day. You can just wash it in the shower after your exercise.

MemberMember
(@rhds)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:54 am

What's your regimen? Most regimens (especially the acne.org one) require you to wash your face no more than twice a day. It's actually also proven that sweat does not promote breakouts, so you shouldn't feel the need to wash your face twice during the first part of the day. You can just wash it in the shower after your exercise.

Usually, without the gym, I wake up, wash my face with warm water, cleanse my face, wash it off with cold water, towel my face, put on the cream anti-acne cream which is pretty good and works well for me. And then the same procedure before going to sleep.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:58 am

Usually, without the gym, I wake up, wash my face with warm water, cleanse my face, wash it off with cold water, towel my face, put on the cream "Pharmaceris T Sebostatic SPF20" which is a pretty good one and pretty expensive and works well for me. And then the same procedure before going to sleep.

Okay! I'm glad that works for you 🙂 there's no harm in just rinsing the sweat off your face if you exercise/go to the sauna in between treatments. You don't want to over-irritate your skin.

RHDS liked
MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 07/31/2013 1:11 pm

Wake up --> Gym exercising --> Sauna --> Shower --> Wash face/Cleanse

I'm sure your skin can wait a couple of hours in the morning to be washed, theres no mad rush to wash it the moment you wake up :)

RHDS liked
MemberMember
(@kasuntae)

Posted : 07/31/2013 5:19 pm

I actually had the same question because I go to the gym in the morning and I felt like washing my face twice in the course of the morning (one before the gym and one after) was irritating. Now I just wait after exercising to cleanse my face and then put on the topical medication.

RHDS liked