Notifications
Clear all

When Can You Expect To See Results Of A 25% Tca Peel?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/12/2013 11:49 pm

Hey guys,

I have a question. Last Thursday I got a 25% TCA Peel on the entirety of my face for my acne marks/scarring I have. It's been a week and the peeling has stopped since Wednesday/Thursday (a week or so exactly). It is now Saturday and I was wondering, when can I expect results? I've moisturized and have started using Tazorac 0.05% since Wednesday as told to do so by my dermatologist (I have to use 0.1% but I'm waiting for it to get approved again by my insurance and so on). I also wear sunblock whenever I go out. Basically daily.

To get an idea, this is how my skin looked like a week ago pre-peel

pveh.jpg

uqz0.jpg

Thanks in advance to all of those who helped. I will post pictures of how my face currently looks as soon as I can.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/13/2013 2:22 am

Mild tca peels won't do anything for your scarring sorry to say. If you want improvement, you have to do the aggressive treatments ie multiple fractional co2 treatments.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:49 am

Mild tca peels won't do anything for your scarring sorry to say. If you want improvement, you have to do the aggressive treatments ie multiple fractional co2 treatments.

I'm sorry but how is 25% a "mild" peel in any way? It's not the only session I've done. I've done a 15% to get me started around 2 months ago, did a 25% last week, and 3 weeks from now I'm doing another TCA Peel, maybe at 30%. I mostly want the red marks to fade, not to fix the scars, because I know the scars are all about Laser.

MemberMember
(@thatusernameisalreadytaken)

Posted : 07/13/2013 11:05 am

I aswell would not say 25 is mild jeeze 12.5 nearly burnt my face off it depends on a number of factors how long its left to frost did they layer it etc. Keep at the peels mate they do do wonders and will clear your red marks in time it also softened out a hell of a lot of my scars and got rid of a few minor ones regardless of what other people say it has worked fantastic for me! dont lose faith keep it up!

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/13/2013 11:09 am

I'm sorry but how is 25% a "mild" peel in any way? It's not the only session I've done. I've done a 15% to get me started around 2 months ago, did a 25% last week, and 3 weeks from now I'm doing another TCA Peel, maybe at 30%. I mostly want the red marks to fade, not to fix the scars, because I know the scars are all about Laser.

It's "mild" compared to the peel that actually works for scars - a phenol peel. But it has a bunch of risks of course.

There's no point trying to fix your redmarks if you're going to do a fractional co2 after, as that will just induce more redness.....I would treat your scarring first and then any left over redness at the end.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/13/2013 11:43 am

I aswell would not say 25 is mild jeeze 12.5 nearly burnt my face off it depends on a number of factors how long its left to frost did they layer it etc. Keep at the peels mate they do do wonders and will clear your red marks in time it also softened out a hell of a lot of my scars and got rid of a few minor ones regardless of what other people say it has worked fantastic for me! dont lose faith keep it up!

I know. My face is incredibly smooth lately and I've noticed my overall face much more flat and normal. I'm also beginning to see the marks fading slowly. My cousin had acne marks just as bad as mine were (if not worse) and he did the TCA peels. Now, his skin is absolutely FLAWLESS. I'm keeping my faith up man. Thanks you for the support. I just need patience, something that is hard to keep when you've had red marks for a year and a half already.

It's "mild" compared to the peel that actually works for scars - a phenol peel. But it has a bunch of risks of course.

There's no point trying to fix your redmarks if you're going to do a fractional co2 after, as that will just induce more redness.....I would treat your scarring first and then any left over redness at the end.

The Phenol peel indeed is a harsh peel due to it only being able to be performed once in a lifetime due to the strength of the acid's penetration in the skin. Not to mention almost a month downtime and having to constantly use sunblock for years. Also it can cause scarring and skin bleaching. Too many risks.

I'll just keep going at the TCA. I'm beginning to slowly see some results when I compare pictures and people are also telling me that they see my skin smoother. When I touch my skin I don't feel those rolling scars that I used to have. I just have to give it time. Besides, I still got one or two sessions left, so obviously I'm not going to see everything clear one day to another.

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 07/13/2013 1:31 pm

I have actually been looking for pictures myself and found this one from (they sell at-home peels): *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* Please just insert the product name rather than linking to the website.*

before12_5.jpgafter12_5.jpg

That's with 12.5% TCA. I hope I'm allowed to post that. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@marianoc97)

Posted : 07/23/2013 1:00 am

Hey I don't mean to hijack this thread but you and I seem to have a very similiar problem. What is a TCA peel and how effective is it in clearing up red marks?

MemberMember
(@orion-bixler)

Posted : 07/28/2013 3:57 am

Hey man.I was considering using TCA 25% at home chemical peel treatment. I'm sorry to say this but these days everyone and their mothers have a degree in something...such as the folks who perform "medical" facial peels at their office.Oh and don't forget the ones that do the expensive overly priced laser resurfacin pocedure. All your really paying for is the manual labor because some random person has the papers which qualify him to work that machine.lol!

I can go on in a rant...but I will be in support for you my friend because in most cases with forums like these you get what seems to be random suggestions attempting to push other products claiming to be better than what you are using right now.

I've used the derma roller....that really worked.I have used it for 3 months...after the 4th month I got tired of it.I really wish I took before and after pics because it really worked....just real slowly over time.lol

Which finally got me to surf the web for better alternatives....like something I can put on my face and get over with it.The long painful dermarolling thing was just too much.UGH! I found myself here after researching 25% TCA chemical peel.

I can see that over time it will work very well...in fact faster and less painful than the derma roller....as well as saving you some money in your pocket for something more important.

Such as paying the bills.lol!

MemberMember
(@besjana)

Posted : 02/15/2020 2:44 am

On 7/14/2013 at 1:29 AM, mr. matt said:

Have you considered having subcision done assuming that you have rolling scars or dermarolling?

I think that the most effective course of action for acne scarring involves a number of different modalities: laser, chemical peels, collagen induction therapy (dermarolling), subcision, etc.

I have done three 25% TCA peels at home in the last year or so. It takes weeks or months for the collagen to develop, but it is well worth it.

Keep your eye on the prize: a better complexion.

Keep up the good fight......

Matt

Hi Matt.. I have just done a 25% TCA peel myself. However, I am very worried because my skin got darker, how long did you keep yours on ? I kept it on about 1.30 min and washed it off, then it cooled down . My chin and lower part of my cheeks have started to peel and I'm on day 3 now, however I am very concerned about my upper side of the cheeks as they look quite dark and I'm afraid might be a burn as I can slightly see the skin underneath very pink. Maybe its too early to determine on the 3d day, but I am very worried. I would appreciate if you could help me out so I know what to expect.