Notifications
Clear all

Irritiated Skin, Redness, Photos

MemberMember
(@merav)

Posted : 07/13/2013 3:52 am

Skin on my face got seriously irittated 2 years ago by using differin gel and some cleansing gel. It left red spots around my mouth and nose. Its not going to fade away, i have it on my face about 2 years now. What can i do to get rid of it?

Ive seen a few dermatologists and they said that this is normal, they didnt see any problem with that. Thats annoying, becouse im depressed and my face looks very bad. Is there anyone who has or had similar problem? Its been 2 years now, I have no idea what can i do to make it better...

photos:

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/13/2013 5:31 am

What i am seeing is very mild Post Inflationary hyper pigmentation, which is an often occurrence for all of us. This pictures provided seem like there are mildly red. You may find success with a laser option (IPL etc), you have very few spots so this should minimise costs. If you want a less intensive option try AHA cream. In all honesty though your skin is not bad at all and i wouldn't get too down on it man.

MemberMember
(@merav)

Posted : 07/13/2013 6:32 am

To be honest it looks far worse in real life than on these photos. It might be caused by the area where moustache grows - its completely white, while the upper bar of skin is kinda redish-brownish. I did almond peels and I can say that exfoliating doesnt help at all here.

Some of my friends had huge acne about year or two ago, now fully healed and their skin aint as discolorated as mine.... I didnt have too much acne, but the irritation did its thing.

Well, seems like ill have to finally accept it but everytime i look in the mirror i miss my old look... oh well

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/13/2013 6:58 am

Look mate if your seriously unhappy about it then all i can say is go and see a dermatologist about it, perhaps a different one to discuss your options, all the best

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/13/2013 4:32 pm

Just like Underneath32 mentioned, it's best that you do visit a dermatologist if it bothers you that much. After analyzing the pictures, I came to the conclusion that it doesn't look bad at all, but then again pictures can make things look better or worse, and are not always accurate unless you use a full HD camera.

Only a dermatologist will be able to give you an accurate answer. That's the best I can suggest you.

MemberMember
(@merav)

Posted : 07/14/2013 3:41 am

Look here is the another photo:

As you can see the area around my mouth is horribly discolorated. Ive seen three dermatologists so far, and one of them prescribed isotretinoin, another one told me that its 100% normal and nothing to do with it, and the 3rd one prescribed me some ointment that didnt help at all. Its hard to get to a dermatologist in Poland and even harder to get to good one.

The thing that makes me sad is that its not fading away at all. I had my face iritiated on winter/spring 2011 and now its summer 2013 and nothing changed at all.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/14/2013 7:12 am

Your are by far your worst critic. i know photos don't tell the whole story, but if you are not happy with your skin then thats fair enough also. Perhaps try to use sunscreen everyday on the area, this will prevent further pigment forming in your skin. All the best

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/14/2013 10:57 am

Look here is the another photo:

As you can see the area around my mouth is horribly discolorated. Ive seen three dermatologists so far, and one of them prescribed isotretinoin, another one told me that its 100% normal and nothing to do with it, and the 3rd one prescribed me some ointment that didnt help at all. Its hard to get to a dermatologist in Poland and even harder to get to good one.

The thing that makes me sad is that its not fading away at all. I had my face iritiated on winter/spring 2011 and now its summer 2013 and nothing changed at all.

Isotretinoin? For that? Mate, I think that dermatologist got his degree as a cereal box prize.

Isotretinoin (aka Accutane) is meant for severe acne when all other medications (such as Doxycycline) fail. Don't you mean Tretinoin? That's a topical cream, a whole different story.

Honestly, all I see is that it's tan around your mouth. Not an issue at all. If anything ask your dermatologist about Tazorac.

MemberMember
(@merav)

Posted : 07/14/2013 11:28 am

Yep, he prescribed Isotretinoin in small dosage, and said that it would help... That colour is definately not tan (i tried to exfoliate it, didnt help, and even in winter time when there is no sun it didnt blench - my skin is very pale in winter -I have it for 2 years now and i didnt sunbathe). Its some kind of flush probably caused by damaged blood vessels or something, when i smile, or stretch the skin making any facial impression this area gets red at once.

MemberMember
(@merav)

Posted : 07/15/2013 1:52 pm

BUMP

Is there any posibility that moisturizing might help solve this problem? Ive never used any moisturizing cream so maybe it would help with this?

Skin might be still dry as it gets red very easily...

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/15/2013 2:02 pm

how on earth is accutane going to help discolouration or PIH?

it shrinks the size of oil glands basically.