Notifications
Clear all

Treating Red Marks

MemberMember
(@esp123)

Posted : 07/12/2013 4:29 pm

Hi,

I've had acne for a fair few years now, I'm 20 years old and it started when I was about 14. It's never been bad at all I only get about 5-6 spots a week(is this quite mild?), this was fine and I never really cared about it up until last year when I tried BP on my spots and they started leaving red marks. Now all the spots I get leave red marks and it's really caught up with me, my face is covered in them all over. What should I do to treat these? Is there anything I can use to stop preventing red marks from cropping up?

Also, on a side note I have normal skin (not oily not dry) on my face but I still get acne, I'm not using anything at the moment and BP isn't an option, does anyone have any advice for potential treatments?

EDIT:

I've tried lactic acid and lemon juice to fade the marks but I really haven't noticed much difference. I did lactic acid peels for about 10 weeks with nothing huge happening.

MemberMember
(@christine19)

Posted : 07/13/2013 10:39 am

Hey, I'm in the same situation as you! My acne is pretty much under control with the medicine I've been prescribed to by my dermatologist, but I'm left with those awful red marks.

What I've been doing, and maybe you've heard of this, is use apple cider vinegar as a toner. I do have to say it hasn't done any miracles and my red marks are still there, but they are definitely lighter! (I've been using it for over 3 weeks)

The other thing I was suggested to try from people on this website for fading red marks was AHA. I just ordered the AHA+ product off this website and am excited to start using it-- most of the reviews I read were very positive!

Here's a link if your interested: http://www.danielkern.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AHA%2D6

But if you are looking for something stronger for quicker results, have you thought about asking your dermatologist about a chemical peel. I've never done one, but it may help! :)

Anyway good luck!! :)