Notifications
Clear all

Fraxel Repair + Subcision

MemberMember
(@cacw16)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:01 pm

I am planning on going in for my second fraxel repair in september, and I also want to try a subcision just before the repair. Has anyone done this before? If so, what was your experience? I'm curious if this is too aggressive as I've only heard of people doing subcision with fraxel restore.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 07/02/2013 6:01 pm

I will be listening for the responses to this topic. Congrats on realizing that Re:pair is a process that takes multiple treatments. What mj are you being treated at?

MemberMember
(@cacw16)

Posted : 07/03/2013 9:00 am

I will be listening for the responses to this topic. Congrats on realizing that Re:pair is a process that takes multiple treatments. What mj are you being treated at?

Mine was done at 60 mj. My derm felt it was high enough to give me results, which has been the case. Maybe something like 20% overall improvement, which is I think is great for the first attempt as I've heard improvement tends to be even higher for the 2nd and 3rd repair. I'm really hoping that a combination with subcision will do even better.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:42 pm

I achieved my most significant improvement after the 2nd Re:pair. 60mj is a good treatment level. Stick with Re:pair and you will be satisfied, especially since you now know you can handle it. A little perk is that recovery becomes easier with each subsequent Re:pair. I have no idea how subscision will effect your progress.

Mine was done at 60 mj. My derm felt it was high enough to give me results, which has been the case. Maybe something like 20% overall improvement, which is I think is great for the first attempt as I've heard improvement tends to be even higher for the 2nd and 3rd repair. I'm really hoping that a combination with subcision will do even better.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 07/04/2013 4:41 pm

I just came across this on the internet, and they are doing the combination treatments that you speak of.

http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=58&sid=10537685

MemberMember
(@cacw16)

Posted : 07/05/2013 11:26 am

I just came across this on the internet, and they are doing the combination treatments that you speak of.

http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=58&sid=10537685

Awesome, thanks! That's really interesting, too bad I don't live closer to Utah. Since the derm I go to for fraxel repair doesn't do subcision, I'll have to go somewhere else for that. But I think it should work out fine. I'll definitely keep you and any one else who is interested updated if I decide to go with the combination.