Notifications
Clear all

Makeup.. :s

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 06/29/2013 10:28 pm

I seriously don't use any form of medication on my acne and it has progressively gotten better whenever I use Almay's Clear Complexion foundation (has some salicylic acid in it that normally breaks me out? O_O) along with my mild, soap-free cleanser and moisturizer from Free & Clear (for people with allergies - wonderful stuff).

I know you're really not supposed to use makeup until you know that it isn't the makeup that's breaking you out but why the hell not??

Does anyone know any other makeup brands that are non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic??

MemberMember
(@tex67sun)

Posted : 07/12/2013 11:49 pm

Everyday Minerals and Cowgirl Dirt. Both online stores. Everday Minerals has 3 ingredients; finally someone that uses just enough ingredients to make the product and does not add any other unnecessary junk to break out from! It is seriously the most simple make-up that works and looks great! It has a rating of 1 out of 10 on the comedogenic scale (resource: EWG Skin Deep). Can't get much better than that.

I haven't actually tried Cowgirl Dirt but stumbled across it last month and really want to try it. It has a lot of good and natural ingredients like Jojoba in it. I think the mineral foundation even has some UV protection included. That would be nice.

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:07 pm

I just got Almay clear complexion concealer today since I am positive my bare minerals is causing new breakouts. Do you like the almay? Also, I haven't tried it yet but I have read good things about hello minerals. I am planning on ordering samples and seeing how it works

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 07/14/2013 9:33 am

Everyday Minerals and Cowgirl Dirt. Both online stores. Everday Minerals has 3 ingredients; finally someone that uses just enough ingredients to make the product and does not add any other unnecessary junk to break out from! It is seriously the most simple make-up that works and looks great! It has a rating of 1 out of 10 on the comedogenic scale (resource: EWG Skin Deep). Can't get much better than that.

I haven't actually tried Cowgirl Dirt but stumbled across it last month and really want to try it. It has a lot of good and natural ingredients like Jojoba in it. I think the mineral foundation even has some UV protection included. That would be nice.

Oh my gosh thank you SOOOOO much, I'm on a kick of looking for mineral makeup, but I've heard that it irritates acne-prone skin. You say you've tried Everyday Minerals? I wanted to try Afterglow and Ultra Pure too. Have you heard of them?? I'm just waiting for some extra cash, I'm pretty strapped.

I just got Almay clear complexion concealer today since I am positive my bare minerals is causing new breakouts. Do you like the almay? Also, I haven't tried it yet but I have read good things about hello minerals. I am planning on ordering samples and seeing how it works

I use Almay Clear Complexion but it is so mask-like!! I look like Frankenstein when it starts to wear off. And it has so many chemicals and weird acronyms that I am starting not to trust it. And I don't like the powder in the same line, so I use Maybelline's Mineral Translucent Setting Powder.. and something is breaking me out. :\ Probably the powder.

I just need to keep my makeup simple. I've done my face so much wrong in my adolescent years, time to make it better. :S

MemberMember
(@tex67sun)

Posted : 07/14/2013 12:09 pm

You're welcome. I used a Mary Kay medium coverage liquid foundation with everyday minerals on top for my wedding and it looked fantastic!! It is that good quality that I trust it for the most important event of my life lol. I never use liquid foundation unless it is for a special occasion, so I wear everyday minerals by itself on a daily basis and it looks awesome and my skin has never been irritated by it, even with active breakouts. You can wear it lightly like concealer or layer it for full coverage. I also recommend their makeup brushes. Their kabuki brush, flat top brush, and concealer brush are all excellent for any makeup and excellent quality and super soft.

Both of these sites offer samples. Everyday minerals offers free samples and you only pay shipping. It is kind of addicting trying out all the colors! Cowgirl dirt offers their samples for 99 cents each plus shipping. Not bad either.

I have not heard of Afterglow or Ultra Pure. I'll have to look them up!

Steph, I too was awful to my skin when I was younger. It has taken about 3 years to heal from all of that. This makeup has really helped I think :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/14/2013 12:29 pm

Lilylolo, jane iredale, and meow cosmetics have some good mineral foundations in powder form, with zinc oxide for extra SPF. I also use bourjois healthy serum foundation, which is not all that healthy but doesn't break me out and neither does smashbox healthy fx hd foundation. If a foundation has to use the word "healthy" it most likely isn't but these aren't as bad as some others I tried.