Notifications
Clear all

Lip Blistering And Anxiety

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 06/22/2013 6:14 pm

Hello!

Looking for some advice. I'm on Accutane altering between 80 and 40mg/day. Yesterday I noticed my lips were numb, swollen, and sore. I thought it was an allergic reaction to my different flavoured Nivea lipbalm. I took some benedryl and went to sleep. Today my lips are blistered and dry and sore and irritated. I'm also very fatigued, and have been for a few weeks now.

My diet is good, I have been drinking plenty of water and getting enough exercise. Is this normal? Does this warrant calling my derm? I also am very anxious. I keep thinking Im going to get Stevens Johnson's disease or something. I'm paranoid now.

Anyone else get blistered lips or have any advice?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 06/22/2013 9:38 pm

bump

Now I think I have some other random skin thing. I'm way over paranoid. :(

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 06/23/2013 11:34 pm

I've heard of fatigue and lip irritation being common side effects of accutane so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Swollen lips sounds more like an allergic reaction though. Definitely let your doctor know about what's going on. Hopefully it works itself out but I found that bag balm really helps for your lips.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 06/24/2013 11:14 pm

I've heard of fatigue and lip irritation being common side effects of accutane so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Swollen lips sounds more like an allergic reaction though. Definitely let your doctor know about what's going on. Hopefully it works itself out but I found that bag balm really helps for your lips.

Thanks for the reassurance Tim714! I appreciate it. My derm appointment is next week and I made a list of the stuff I am concerned about. I had anxiety before Accutane (manageable without medication) and I think its just acting up. Now that you mentioned the allergic reaction, I did use a new Nivea lip balm about 20 minutes before I noticed the numbness and blisters. I think it may be it, they have since gone down and are almost back to normal after I did the benedryl and bag balm thing for 2 days!

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 06/25/2013 10:39 am

I'm glad to hear it's improving and making a list is a good idea, I always leave the Dr forgetting to ask her something. I'm happy I could help.