Notifications
Clear all

Tca And Needling

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 06/19/2013 9:29 pm

Something I have been wondering is, if, TCA is a viable treatment option for certain scars would those same scars not respond just as well to needling the scar individually? What is the difference? They both aim to cause damage to the skin to allow the healing process to fill it it.

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 06/19/2013 11:09 pm

it's seems tca injure your skin more than needling, so I guess tca may gain better result.

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/19/2013 11:16 pm

Something I have been wondering is, if, TCA is a viable treatment option for certain scars would those same scars not respond just as well to needling the scar individually? What is the difference? They both aim to cause damage to the skin to allow the healing process to fill it it.

It depends on your skin type and the depth and age of the scars. The TCA peel is a chemical peel that will be applied to the effected area and depending on its percentage it can be medium or a deep peel. The needling is manually injuring the skin to produce collagen in that specific area. I would recommend TCA peel for individuals with lighter skin tones as darker complexions typically can result in more undesirable side effects. It never hurts going to a good dermatologist to get their opinion too.

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 06/20/2013 12:20 am

It depends on your skin type and the depth and age of the scars. The TCA peel is a chemical peel that will be applied to the effected area and depending on its percentage it can be medium or a deep peel. The needling is manually injuring the skin to produce collagen in that specific area. I would recommend TCA peel for individuals with lighter skin tones as darker complexions typically can result in more undesirable side effects. It never hurts going to a good dermatologist to get their opinion too.

I am talking about treating scars individually IE. TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/20/2013 1:53 am

I am talking about treating scars individually IE. TCA cross.

My fault. The TCA cross is individualized, but will still use the chemical, which is how it is different then needling, which usually uses no chemicals. Also the TCA cross is supposed to be effective for icepick scars more than other type of acne scars. Either way I have heard more bad results from people doing these methods at home or at a med-spa instead of at a professional dermatologist's office, so I recommend paying a little bit extra to get it professionally done...I mean we only have one face.

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 06/20/2013 3:22 am

I just dont see how the tca is going to penetrate as deep as the dermaroller, stamp or needling. They tell you that you need to use the 1.5mm or 2.0mm needles to actually do anything for acne scarring. All shorter lengths are just suppose to help you absorb topicals more efficiently. If you read about tca a good bit some sites say it will do nothing for any type of acne scarring that isnt shallow unless you use something along the lines of 30-50% and Ive read that you dont wanna do a full face treatment above 35%. I am trying something right now where I dermastamp a scar and then immediately apply tca to it. That way the tca can get deeper penetration. I am doing this on the scars on my back that way if it makes the scarring worse then I dont care at all. So far I stamped with a .25mm stamp then applied 3 layers of tca 20%. That was 2 weeks ago, the scab has fallen off and there were zero ill effects to the area. I wont know if it actually helped the scarring of course for many months. I plan on using the .25mm stamp with 50% tca on a different scar. Then 2.0mm derma stamp with the 20% and then on another scar with the 50%. I have a tattoo on my chest that id like to get removed and I stamped part of it with the 2.0mm dermastamp then applied 50% tca. The scab has fallen off...no scarring...tat has faded in the area applied.

MemberMember
(@thaxceptional1)

Posted : 06/20/2013 2:30 pm

dont do tca without professional assistance. there are too many variables to having peeled skin. you have the risk of scarring, hyperpigmentation, and not to mention u got to look ugly when doing a deep peel. i would not recommend it unless seeing a doctor first.

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 06/23/2013 3:41 am

I have done 6 tca peels on my face....3 20% peels and 3 25% peels...3 layers with the 25% on the last peel...as long as u work your way up you should b fine...I think the only thing a "trained professional" gives you access to is a medication that you take prior to getting the peel bc it can cause a herpies outbreak and that can cause scarring....just take everything slow...dont do anything stupid....absolutely do not pick it and you will b fine...I have found that layering my face with vasoline helps the healing process and keeps the skin from prematurely cracking and bleeding....every horror story Ive read about from at home TCA peels stems entirely from the home user being an absolute idiot

MemberMember
(@thaxceptional1)

Posted : 06/23/2013 10:35 am

I have done 6 tca peels on my face....3 20% peels and 3 25% peels...3 layers with the 25% on the last peel...as long as u work your way up you should b fine...I think the only thing a "trained professional" gives you access to is a medication that you take prior to getting the peel bc it can cause a herpies outbreak and that can cause scarring....just take everything slow...dont do anything stupid....absolutely do not pick it and you will b fine...I have found that layering my face with vasoline helps the healing process and keeps the skin from prematurely cracking and bleeding....every horror story Ive read about from at home TCA peels stems entirely from the home user being an absolute idiot

U can be an absolute idiot and get the exact same results as someone who closely followed the rules. The difference is comfort of mind and knowing u didn't purposely screw up. I did a tca about 6 times in 2 freaking months, but for the first 5 times nothing happened as far as skin peeling (only very slightly). My last time trying it I did too much, but now my skin is healing and it seems like it will be fine. The reason you shouldn't pour acid on your face is because: it is acid. I didn't think about it. You are increasing your chances of hazards when you open up your skin. This is common sense. Nothing is safe about TCA peel. Just because a million people try it doesn't mean you should. What if by chance someone has an adverse reaction and only tried it once and followed all the rules? This could happen just the same as someone who didn't follow the rules. The chances are different, but doesn't mean it can't happen. That is the thing. If you are risky you should try a TCA peel yourself. Even if you follow all the rules you still aren't guaranteed 100% success. Just my take. Feel free to prove me wrong.

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 06/24/2013 4:54 am

Being under the care of a professional isn't going to stop a terrible reaction from happening if that's just how your skin reacts to the TCA. Its not like they put you through vigerous testing to make sure your skin can handle it. If you did TCA 6 times in 2 months the nicest thing I can say about you is that you are a damn retard. WTF did you read that made you think that was ok. Seriously what did you expect to happen after doing that to your skin over and over again. like you said...ITS ACID. I wouldn't even put 12.5% on my face that often. Everyone's skin reacts differently to different treatments and that's why you take it slow. Also you shouldn't have the balls to put acid on your face unless you have done quite a bit of reading and ask quite a few questions to people who have done this to themselves. Like I said in my previous post....the only horror stories Ive seen are where people were being idiots and putting acid on your face 6 times in 2 months qualifies as being an idiot.

And these people you call professionals are not always very highly trained. In my state of Tennessee it was on the news about so many facial laser procedures that had gone wrong and come to find out to perform the procedure there were ZERO qualifications for experience to be able to legally perform the procedure. WTF I SAY!!!

MemberMember
(@thaxceptional1)

Posted : 06/24/2013 12:24 pm

Being under the care of a professional isn't going to stop a terrible reaction from happening if that's just how your skin reacts to the TCA. Its not like they put you through vigerous testing to make sure your skin can handle it. If you did TCA 6 times in 2 months the nicest thing I can say about you is that you are a damn retard. WTF did you read that made you think that was ok. Seriously what did you expect to happen after doing that to your skin over and over again. like you said...ITS ACID. I wouldn't even put 12.5% on my face that often. Everyone's skin reacts differently to different treatments and that's why you take it slow. Also you shouldn't have the balls to put acid on your face unless you have done quite a bit of reading and ask quite a few questions to people who have done this to themselves. Like I said in my previous post....the only horror stories Ive seen are where people were being idiots and putting acid on your face 6 times in 2 months qualifies as being an idiot.

And these people you call professionals are not always very highly trained. In my state of Tennessee it was on the news about so many facial laser procedures that had gone wrong and come to find out to perform the procedure there were ZERO qualifications for experience to be able to legally perform the procedure. WTF I SAY!!!

Well maybe I was retarded, but I healed up pretty fine. So was I really that retarded? and if doing 5 of the 6 peels did nothing to my skin would it be so much retarded to try it once more?

I wouldn't even try a 10% peel anymore, and after doing a 45% peel not even all my sunburn was removed. Why would I ever do a TCA again?