Notifications
Clear all

Sudden Breakout- Losing Hope

MemberMember
(@rachelhallows)

Posted : 06/18/2013 10:22 am

I've been suffering with acne since I was about 12, I'm 16 now and it's the worst it's ever been. Ive been to my doctor and he has me currently taking minocin capsules and using duac gel once daily (5% benzoyl peroxide). I've been on this medication for about 3 months now and it was finally clearing up my face, all of a sudden I've had a horrible breakout on my forehead, nose and cheeks. I mean horrible. There's just tons of tiny red spots. It's really affecting my confidence and I haven't left the house in days. I have no idea what may have triggered this breakout?

Just to say, there has been a lot of sun where I live lately and also my diet is very bad, those may be reasons? Any ideas?? :(

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/18/2013 11:23 am

I've been suffering with acne since I was about 12, I'm 16 now and it's the worst it's ever been. Ive been to my doctor and he has me currently taking minocin capsules and using duac gel once daily (5% benzoyl peroxide). I've been on this medication for about 3 months now and it was finally clearing up my face, all of a sudden I've had a horrible breakout on my forehead, nose and cheeks. I mean horrible. There's just tons of tiny red spots. It's really affecting my confidence and I haven't left the house in days. I have no idea what may have triggered this breakout?

Just to say, there has been a lot of sun where I live lately and also my diet is very bad, those may be reasons? Any ideas?? sad.png

Please watch your dietary habits.What we eat is what we are.Also avoid exposing yourself to too much sunlight.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/18/2013 11:27 am

Yes sun and poor diet can effect breakouts... You should minimize your sun exposure and try a diet of mostly veggies and fruits.. It should help to get the breakouts under control again... Also, be sure that you're being as gentle as possible with your skin and keep hats, wash clothes, clothing as clean as possible... Most important.. HANDS OFF!! It can get easy to be lax with your skin once your clear but being vigilant makes all the difference in the world. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/18/2013 1:14 pm

what is ur diet and lifestyle like?

use a good sunscreen with both physical and chemical barriers.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:07 pm

Usually the sun and diet triggers Rosacea. A lot of doctors will argue that diet doesn't trigger Rosacea but some think it does. If you're using bp and your out in the sun you gotta wear SPF.

I've come to notice this because after all the years of trying to battle acne nothing has worked. Now that I'm using a topical called metro gel I'm seeing some improvement.

This is probably why most of us have no luck with bp because it worsens Rosacea. Sulfur and salicylic acid have always worked for me and that's because they help with Rosacea. If you have a severe case they can only do so much though.

Papulopustular Roscacea is always confused for acne.

MemberMember
(@rachelhallows)

Posted : 06/18/2013 4:47 pm

what is ur diet and lifestyle like?

use a good sunscreen with both physical and chemical barriers.

My diet is honestly very bad. I never ever get my 5 a day, and I do eat alot of salty and sugar foods. I'm trying to improve my diet but I find it hard to set out a diet plan as I don't know what foods would trigger and which could benefit my skin. I drink alot of water though and I am very active, I get alot of exercise.

MemberMember
(@mayatsukioka)

Posted : 06/18/2013 7:28 pm

Drink 8 glasses of water a day, take vitamins, and make sure you get plenty of sleep. And maye try exercising. All this stuff really helped improve my acne drastically, and its only been a week. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/18/2013 7:46 pm

My diet is honestly very bad. I never ever get my 5 a day, and I do eat alot of salty and sugar foods. I'm trying to improve my diet but I find it hard to set out a diet plan as I don't know what foods would trigger and which could benefit my skin. I drink alot of water though and I am very active, I get alot of exercise.

Keep up the water intake and exercise, both are very beneficial to your skin's health and your overall health.

I'll try to help with the food thing:

Contrary to popular belief, diet has a huge impact on your skin's health, and obviously your overall health. Acne is largely caused by oxidative stress and subsequent inflammation at a cellular level.

Generally speaking, I'd suggest eating anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich foods as much as possible and cut refined sugars and processed foods and drinks.

The only way I finally got clear skin was to take a holistic approach, instead of viewing acne as an isolated, singular "disease" like I did for so many years. A combination of exercise, strict healthy diet, natural and gentle topical treatments, and supplementing vitamins and herbs finally allowed me to be acne-free.

Basically, for anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich foods, I'd suggest more or less a paleo-based diet with no grains, eggs, or dairy, which are highly inflammatory. Lean meats like chicken and fish, some nuts and seeds, healthy fats like olive oil, and plenty of veggies. This is how I eat and it worked very well for me. Aim for fresh, not processed; as close to the food's original state as possible. Grain-fed meat (most meats in the US and almost all meat at restaurants) like steaks and hamburgers are extremely inflammatory. Grass fed beef on the other hand would be ok in moderation. Try to eat more fish, especially salmon, which is very anti-inflammatory due to its omega-3 content.

Anything white (like potatoes, pasta, grains, and sugar) is usually highly inflammatory. Dairy is extremely inflammatory too, so I would definitely recommend cutting milk and cheese. I like almond milk and hemp milk.

Cook with organic extra virgin olive oil if using low heat, which is very anti-inflammatory, and grapeseed oil if using high heat (it is tasteless and has a very high flash point). I actually take a shot of olive oil every morning (weird I know). Spices like oregano, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, garlic, clove, black pepper, and turmeric also have potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties so I try to incorporate them whenever possible.

If you're open to the idea of taking a multivitamin, that could definitely help, especially if you're not getting adequate nutrient intake from food. Get a good quality bioavailable vitamin like Source Naturals Life Force Multiple tablets.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/19/2013 1:00 am

have a diet that suits u.

"healthy" is subjective.

limit sugar and salt.

8 by 8 rule as far as i know is not enough for some.(for some its okay).

i follow the theory which says "1 litre of water for 20kg of ur body weight".

that is if u r 60 kgs,have 3 litres of water.

could u elaborate more on ur diet and lifestyle?

do u take dairy?

have u never done elimination test?