Question About Peel...

Notifications
Clear all

Question About Peels?

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:09 am

So ive been on the regimen.. And no active brakeouts i was planning on buying a 40% lactic acid peel and i was wondering how would i add that into my regimen specifically.. I know your only supose to do it like once a week so each session when i decide to do it how should i do it? Would i quit the regimen? Or do i continue to do the regimen? I want to do this peel for my age spots/ Skin discolorations/post-acne marks.... Im going to order the peel from http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/40-Lactic-Acid-Kits_p_32.html if anybody has experience with this help would be greatly apreciated! thanks!

(@LewisS)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:31 am

How long have you been on the regimen?

Don't implement any new products until you skin is fully adjusted to the BP and you're most importantly clear.

If you want to use something for your discoloration/hyperpigmentation, get the acne.org AHA. I've heard wonderful things about it (although I've never used it myself) and it's not overly drying and works well in conjunction with the BP.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/17/2013 3:26 pm

I would highly discourage you from using at home peels. Peels of low or high concentration should be applied by a professional for best results. Too many variables can go wrong and you would not want to damage your skin. Hyper pigmentation can be handled using AHA and will fade over time. Please use EXTREME caution when using at home therapies for the skin.

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:23 pm

I would highly discourage you from using at home peels. Peels of low or high concentration should be applied by a professional for best results. Too many variables can go wrong and you would not want to damage your skin. Hyper pigmentation can be handled using AHA and will fade over time. Please use EXTREME caution when using at home therapies for the skin.

But ive heard so much great things about these peels.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:29 pm

Example of what can go wrong when doing at home peels...

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/19/2013 1:07 am

Example of what can go wrong when doing at home peels...

Damn, Wow lol im a guy and im like so glad you showed me this.. I guess im going to stick with the regimen it works great honestly but ive read from so many people that using BP can make the red marks left from pimples last longer.. You know where i can find some good information about that? I wanna add in dan's Aha+ i already have it just never used it.. But if it will help heal the discoloration marks that would be awesome there not really bad marks its just there all on my cheek and the reason why there there is because about 1.5 years ago i didnt know NOTHING about acne.. I would always just pop em its not really bad i dont brakeout much but when i started going through all kinds of problems in my life my stress level was really high so i can blame alot of that on why i let my self go like that.. Now im stuck with i guess the hyperpigmentation marks left from pimples i dont know what to call them.. But there just red marks left on my cheeks where i would brakeout alot...

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 06/19/2013 2:33 am

I personally found that the BP appeared to make red marks from acne take longer to disappear.....but it could just have been an impression I made because they were so much more obvious as my face was clearing from active acne. Introducing AHA certainly made a difference and helped to clear the marks quite quickly in the end. From memory, all gone within a couple of months, and as I was remaining clear from following the regimen, I wasn't getting any new pigmentation marks. Hooray! :)

nicmic62 liked