Notifications
Clear all

Really Raw Skin All Over Cheeks From Picking..help?

MemberMember
(@leebabyx3)

Posted : 06/10/2013 9:11 pm

I noticed about a week ago my pores have been getting huge and every time i washed it little whiteheads or blackheads would stick out. So over the course of maybe 3 nights afte every shower i have picked and popped away at as many as i could. Every time i pop blackheads around my nose/inner cheek area it become very pink and swollen for about an hour or 2 but then goes down. I didn't really worry until i noticed the next day my skin near my nose and my inner cheeks were all raw-scaly,shiny,and cracked looking. I couldn't even apply make-up because the make-up didn't want to adhere. I tried putting peroxide on it,chamomile,moisturizer,and retin-a. I honesty have no clue what to do, it looks horrible and i know i need to stop picking but does anyone know what i could do to heal this mess or what i shouldn't do? My skin has never been this raw and i'll take any suggestions

If it helps i'm on epiduo and i'm starting accutane in a few weeks.(July 1)

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 06/10/2013 11:45 pm

Maybe try manuka or raw honey or a clay mask. Definitely don't squeeze or pick around your nose area, apparently you just push puss and blood into your bloodstream/brain, I saw that on Dr Oz. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 06/11/2013 1:02 am

you can try qasil just type it on google and yu will see the women in my country use it as a beauty mask due to the harsh weather. I had little tiny white heads nearly all over my face three days ago I put the mask on for three nights, wait for it to dry for 45 minutes and gently wash it now my skin feels smooth and healthy and what ever yu do don't play around with yur face yur only gonna make matters worse. anyways yu can order it online if yu wannna try it helps with marks and scarring aswell :) good luck!

heres the link if you want http://www.sheaterraorganics.com/Somali-Qasil-Cleansing-Soap-Free-Facial-Masque_p_440.html

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 06/11/2013 3:31 am

Hey, I've been there! They are so hard to cover when they are dry/ cracked/ scaley so I put on neosporin cream on it first, rub it in really well and it will make it much easier to apply concealer... plus using neosporin usually takes a day off of the healing time for me

MemberMember
(@leebabyx3)

Posted : 06/17/2013 9:28 pm

Thanks so much everyone!I've been trying to stop picking rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 06/18/2013 12:22 am

Thanks so much everyone!I've been trying to stop picking rolleyes.gif

I just got back from seeing someone about it. the next time you get the urge to pick, immediately find something else to do. do not do it. i am 32, have been doing it for like 13 years, and I regret it big time. Find a way not to do it, it's important that you do.

MemberMember
(@willg)

Posted : 06/18/2013 1:46 pm

I just got back from seeing someone about it. the next time you get the urge to pick, immediately find something else to do. do not do it. i am 32, have been doing it for like 13 years, and I regret it big time. Find a way not to do it, it's important that you do.

Aren't there times when you kind of have no choice but to squeeze/pick at a whitehead? I can't go to a meeting or go out socially like that... and since you can't really cover a whitehead with anything, you either have to pick/squeeze or cancel what you're doing and lose your job/friends! I choose the former every time...

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 06/18/2013 9:05 pm

the inflamed ones with the white puss bubble on top I think it's okay, as long as you do it carefully- and I prefer to use a needle rather than force it.