Hair Loss From The ...

Notifications
Clear all

Hair Loss From The Regimen

MemberMember
(@scienceking19)

Posted : 06/05/2013 1:46 am

So I have been on the regimen for almost 2 months now. About 5-6 weeks ago I noticed that my hair was starting to thin. The top and back of scalp tingles throughout the day. The reason that I think this is from the regimen is that the top and back of my head tingles/burns a lot more after applying the benzoyl peroxide to my face, chest, back and shoulders. Is there anyway that the benzoyl peroxide could be causing dramatic hair thinning? I am obviously not applying any benzoyl peroxide to my scalp but it is still absorbed by the skin on my face/back/chest/shoulders.

Is it normal for the skin on my face to burn somewhat intensely for hours after doing the regimen? Is this an allergic reaction? My skin doesnt really have any increased redness or rashes and my skin has cleared up wonderfully so I didn't really consider the long burning to be a result of being allergic to it.

As I side note I have never taken accutane and am currently not taking any medication, although I was taking antibiotics for a while a few months back.

Please help my rapid hair thinning is DEEPLY concerning me.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/05/2013 1:52 am

You need to take some iron supplements if you want your hair intact. It's probably due to your low iron intake. You need to increase it.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/05/2013 1:35 pm

You should probably seek a dermatologists expertise. This isn't a question that can be answered here... Unfortunately, there may be many causes to your hair loss, so it's best to seek a professional advice. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@lekry)

Posted : 06/05/2013 2:15 pm

Here's a few questions that you could ask yourself to help connect the dots on what may be causing this.

Have you ever had any experiences with a stinging/tingling feeling before the use of benzoyl peroxide?

Did this stinging occur as soon as your started the use of benzoyl peroxide?

Is there a history of hair thinning in your family?

Does anyone else in your family use benzoyl peroxide and have had the same experience?

And the question that would make the most sense to me is, are you using a new shampoo, perhaps a natural remedy for your hair?

And lastly, are you prone to allergies? This years allergies are pretty bad, and reactions to them come in more than the form of coughs and itchy eyes.

Don't start any supplements, if you can't find the answer through these questions; Do a Google search.

For a more professional diagnosis, talk to a doctor. Immediately.

MemberMember
(@scienceking19)

Posted : 06/06/2013 1:47 am

Here's a few questions that you could ask yourself to help connect the dots on what may be causing this.

Have you ever had any experiences with a stinging/tingling feeling before the use of benzoyl peroxide?

Did this stinging occur as soon as your started the use of benzoyl peroxide?

No there was absolutely none of this before the start of my use of benzoyl peroxide.

Is there a history of hair thinning in your family?

Does anyone else in your family use benzoyl peroxide and have had the same experience?

There is absolutely no history of hair thinning on either side of my family. I thought I would keep my hair till the day I died.

And the question that would make the most sense to me is, are you using a new shampoo, perhaps a natural remedy for your hair?

And lastly, are you prone to allergies? This years allergies are pretty bad, and reactions to them come in more than the form of coughs and itchy eyes.

No new shampoo and I have no allergies

Don't start any supplements, if you can't find the answer through these questions; Do a Google search.

For a more professional diagnosis, talk to a doctor. Immediately.

Is it normal for your skin to sting for 2-3 hours after I applying BP? I have been doing this for 2 months now.

I think what I may need to do is to take a 2-3 day break from the regimen to see if my scalp/skin tingling/stinging sensation goes away. If it does then I think this may be the cause. The trouble is I know that I am going to break out like crazy from stopping the regimen as it has worked well for me.

MemberMember
(@lekry)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:43 am

A stinging sensation is a normal side effect. For two months though means you are either one of the very few allergic to benzoyl peroxide or you're using too much. It sounds like a smart idea to stop the use of it and see if the stinging on your scalp goes away. If it doesn't, feel free to start up on the benzoyl peroxide again but this time use it once a day and only apply thin layers of it. Acne.org suggests to slowly bring up your dosage (a littlle more each week) because using too much too fast is bad for your skin. Don't worry about your skin breaking out during the break because it is in the best interest for your overall health to stop for a little. Also, it is never too late to improve your appearance so a little setback will be okay.