Notifications
Clear all

Pinhole Scars / Indents / Clogged Hair Follicles

MemberMember
(@jpoznan0587)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:49 pm

I have scars all over my nose and cheeks. It gives an "orange peel" look on my entire face. How do I get rid of them? I am 26 and had small adult acne in my early 20's. Now, my acne has subsided, with very small acne scars. I cannot seem to get rid of these ice pick scars ? I'm not sure if they are clogged pores or scars, but again, my skin has an "orange peel" look. My skin IS NOT dried out, however. I keep it very moisturized and what I've noticed is that that these "scars" fill up like pores? so maybe they are pores? Either way, when it comes to my nose, the pores are very large. If I squeeze them, a huge amount of oil, dirt comes out. However, when it is empty, it is still huge and fills up with in an hour or so? Any suggestions? How do I fully empty the nose pores (and nostrils) and then apply some sort of minimizer / collagen? to close the pore up AFTER emptying it? The "ice pick" scars are on my cheeks (upper cheek area) and they do not fill up, they just stay big and even connect to make lines, how can I get rid of these?? When I moisturizer, my skin gets oily and the pores fill up, but my skin cracks and becomes dry without a moisturizer. Right now, my acne looks the best it ever had and my skin looks extra moisterized because I have been steaming it for 5 min 2 to 3 times a week. I use a 2% salicylic cleaner 2x a day, retin-a ONLY on any acne flare-ups and a benzyl cream in the am. After steaming, I use a face mask 2x a week as well and sometimes use an baking powder as an exfoliatr only on my nose. So, my issue is that :

1) On the nose, my pores are totally filled to bursting, if I empty them, how can I make them smaller? If squeezing them is a bad method to empty them fully, then what should I do? It is very hard to get them fully empty.

2)On my cheecks, I have either ice pick scars (that's what they look like) or big pores that DONT fill up...and when I strech my face out, they go away. How do I get rid of these???

Lastly, like I mentioned above, my acne is under control now I am just dealing with this cloggged pore / ice pick scarring issue, but it is NOT nearly as bad enough as some of the pics I've seen so I would rather NOT get any surgery at this time.

P.S. When I went to a derm, she told me these were clogged hair follicles????? WTF is that and anyone have any idea how to get rid of that?

MemberMember
(@jpoznan0587)

Posted : 05/30/2013 1:40 pm

My cheeks : when I smile, all the little holes connect like lines, if that helps any to figure this out...

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 05/30/2013 2:57 pm

also have the exact same problem and it really bugs me, nothing i do seems to get rid of it. I got them all cleaned out in a facial but the following day they all filled right back up.

The orange peel look and rough skin really ruins the whole complexion.

I think its down to hormonal imbalance, but the problem is once the hormones level out, the large pores will remain there!

MemberMember
(@jpoznan0587)

Posted : 05/31/2013 8:55 am

I've searched alot on this site and there are some good posts if you type "ice-pick scars" in the forum. It looks like I've been maybe overdrying my skin by being too rough exfoliating twice a week. Also, in the past two years, I've stopped working out, started drinking more and eating whatever I want. In this time, I've noticed my skin getting worse and worse. In the past few months, I've been getting back on track and have noticed that (esp. since I stopped drinking) that my skin looks so much more hydrated and "alive". I've also noticed since I've started fussing over the pores more, its almost as if I'm getting worse! Then I see pics online with people that have it much worse and I feel like it's not that bad. What I have noticed, however, is that if you really go up super close to almost anyone, even when actors have close-ups in movies, that pretty much everyone has the orange peel look. For the next 6 months or so I am going to be extra careful on every mouthful I eat as well as getting back to the gym and I am going to try not to over treat my skin, and see how it works.The main thing I've noticed on these forums is that everything takes time, I'm the worst with patience !

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:35 pm

Orange peel facial skin in men are popular almost all guys have them if you look closely to guys face they have different texture than women.. your skin is changing everyday your not gonna have the same skin as a child.

I'm afraid there isn't much to do as changing or making pores smaller.