Notifications
Clear all

Not Sure If Cyst Or Mosquisto/bedbug Bite?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/12/2013 12:56 am

I have some cystic acne on my face. Other areas of it are mild-moderate pimples.

However, my right jawline area, i have this painful huge spot. Im not sure but i say it was about a few weeks ago that i noticed this and right now its painful and is pretty red. Its about an inch and looks like a red scar from a distance.

At first i thought it was a cyst but the pain i had on it... it felt like a bedbug or mosquito bite b/c of the pain. The reason why i say this is because 1 year ago, i had something similar and thought it was just a big cystic pimple in my right jawline area. I found out later this was not acne but it was from mosquito bites. I figured this out when i noticed there were tons of mosquitoes that flew on my face when i sleep. I noticed they always bite like the right or left jawline for some reason only.

What i did last year was use aqua glycolic acid cleanser and cleansed that area very hard. The purpose was to pop that nasty big cyst and thus once i did and it started bleeding, i got happy b/c that means I broke it. Obviously i have a huge hyperpigmentation there and i just used some itch cream on it hoping for that huge mark to go away. I then used aha glycolic acid and after many months, it started fading but never faded fully but i was satisfied.

Well right now im not 100 percent sure if this is a mosquito/bed bug bite or a cyst. It wasn't until this year i read that you should never pop a cyst b/c it would make things worst but the thing is... this thing is really disgusting and painful. Besides the cystic pimple, the area right in my right jawline on that pimple is extremely red. Its like 1 inch of redness that looks like ketchup.

What should i do with it? Should i go to a dermatologist and have a cortisone injection? I know they inject it if its a cyst or do they do injections if its a mosquito bite or bed bug bite? It just looks like a really red inflamed cyst but I have a hunch it might be a bedbug/mosquito bite.

The thing is if i dont put anything on it, it isn't going to get small. Im going to continue putting an itch cream on it... but would that even do anything to it?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:19 am

Another question i have is would a dermatologist who look at it and touch it can tell 100 percent whether its a cystic pimple or boil as oppose to mosquito or bed bug bite?

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:25 am

I have bedbug on my bed :/

At night my skin starts to itch then I get rashes hives but they go away by morning.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/12/2013 12:15 pm

anyone can answer this question?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/13/2013 4:13 pm

okay so now i suspect this huge bite i have along with others are bug bite or mosquito bites. Reason is b/c today i woke up and have bed bug bites ALL OVER MY ARMS.

Most importantly, i gotten more cystlike bumps on my face as a result of this.

Does anyone know what i can do for these huge cystlike bites that are either from bedbug or mosquito?

Do these scars/marks take longer to fade than red marks from acne?

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/13/2013 5:12 pm

If they itch they are mosquito bites

Just change ur sheets , wash your pillows and clean your room.

Also could be spider bites small spiders tho cause they go around walls in the night time.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/13/2013 5:22 pm

okay so now i suspect this huge bite i have along with others are bug bite or mosquito bites. Reason is b/c today i woke up and have bed bug bites ALL OVER MY ARMS.

Most importantly, i gotten more cystlike bumps on my face as a result of this.

Does anyone know what i can do for these huge cystlike bites that are either from bedbug or mosquito?

Do these scars/marks take longer to fade than red marks from acne?

Previous poster is wrong in saying that because it itches it is a bug bite. I get cysts and when they start it feels like a stinging in my skin, like a bee sting, then they itch and burn. I am willing to bet yours is a cyst and yes a dermatologist would be able to tell you this. If you think you have bed bugs, then you need to wash all your bedding in hot water to kill them.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/13/2013 6:07 pm

Hi. Well heres the the thing. Last year around this time i got so many cyst like pimples on the same area of my face. I had thought this was acne... and i later found out these were mosquito bites b/c i saw there were many of them later on that went and bit my face.

These however... im pretty damn sure some of these are bites whether its mosquito or bed bugs. Does anyone know what i could put on it? Should i use the same cream like for acne or something else?

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 05/13/2013 6:22 pm

Hey there-- bed bugs go for that area! I had bed bugs (ick, i know!) last year and got a spot exactly where you have yours. It was red, hard, and SUUUUUPER itchy. If it is hot to the touch, it is a bed bug bite. You need to wash all your sheets in hot water and then put them in a hot dryer. Go to wal-mart and get bed bug spray, a bed bug fogger (both in the insecticide/pesticide aisle near the cleaning stuff), and get some mattress covers for both your mattress and your box spring. Don't sleep in that room if you can for about a week/two weeks after doing this stuff.

Do not put acne medication on it! It'll only make it worse! Put hydrocortisone cream on it and take an antihistimine (like benadryl). It'll go away in about 2 weeks. Bed bugs are the worst, and if you found one on your bed, you've got them--- maybe not an infestation, but definitely a little problem. Stop them before it gets too hard to handle!!

Also, are you in the East Coast of the U.S? There's an epidemic going on right now with bed bugs. Terrible pests...

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/13/2013 7:55 pm

Hello there. Yes im from east coast, im from new york city. That area im talking about is like the jawline area but they always go for the right or left side of it.

Do you have red marks from it after putting hydrocortorzone? Is there a reason why hydrocortorzone and then benadryl?

Heres the thing. Last year i had a huge spot like this in one area. I used glycolci acid cleanser and washed that area hard and it got popped. Of course there was bleeding and it took time for the mark to go away. It took a good bit of time.

As for this huge spots. I used acne cream on it already.... and it didnt do anything. I also cleansed that area hard and popped one part of it. The reason is b/c its really painful and it isn't like a normal cyst that you can get from acne. What should i do now? The thing is i know you shouldnt pop cyst or stuff like this but it just doesnt go away. I had this for like 3 weeks and all i did was put acne cream on it b/c i thought it was a cyst but it was not.

Also, isn't hydrocortorizone bad for these things? I read putting it aggravates acne even more.

So what should i do now? I know i shouldn't but i want to cleanse that area with glycolic acid and thus pop the other smaller cyst b/c these things arent going to go away. And even if it does, the area is really red already.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/13/2013 8:25 pm

So let me say again that, that area, there were 3 disgusting bug bites, not sure if its mosquito or bedbug... im guessing its bedbugs. Last night, i washed it hard and popped one of them and it bled. Im thinking about doing that to the other 2 small spots arround that area. So you say dont do it?

The thing is if i had just used hydrocortizone... then those cystlike inflamed bites would have disappeared after 2 weeks? Would the reddish area have been gone as well?

I rarely pop a cyst unless i can feel its going to get popped but these were just too much, inflamed and red.

So what can i do now? So if i pop the other two small spots in taht area... imagine its like a 1 inch line... 3 nasty spots... obviously i wont have those painful spots anymore.

So i would then use AHA to clear the redmark/scars?

The thing is i did the same thing last year when i popped them and even though it took a lot of time, that huge disgusting area faded a bit slowly.

MemberMember
(@s0633186monmouth-edu)

Posted : 05/13/2013 10:36 pm

I would go to a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/15/2013 12:14 am

Okay im 100 percent sure i have a bed bug or mosquito bite as the one side of my face that was actually clear, i have like 7-8 small bites on this side of my face. The other side have huge cysts like pimples and im pretty damn sure those are bed bug or mosquito bites.

What im worried is are those red marks going to stay on my cheeks?? I already have tons of red marks from acne now everywhere else on my face and now bed bug or mosquito bites im worried of the marks. This was the only small part of my face that was clear and now my whole face looks infected now and apparently most of this are bed bug or mosquito bites.

Can someone tell me what i shoud put on it? I put benadryl on those cystlike mosquito/bed bug bites and aveeno moisturizing lotion that has colloidal oatmail on the small bites that are pimplelike but small. Or should i put benadryl on that too???

My life is getting worst and worst with this.