Notifications
Clear all

Msm Cream Anyone?

MemberMember
(@smoothmove)

Posted : 04/24/2013 12:59 am

http://www.thelovevitamin.com/3586/rolling-acne-scars-msm-cream/

Anyone tried MSM cream on their scars? This person above apparently had success, but her scars were also less than a year old. I wonder if combining the cream with something like needling would be of benefit with older scars.

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 04/24/2013 7:58 pm

I tried it. it didn't show any more results for me than copper peptides and retinol. I stopped using it because it was clogging my pores and creating blackheads and whiteheads and stuff. They went away when I stopped using it. (well I always have small ones here and there but they were very noticeably worse while using msm cream) I recommend taking msm orally. I had read that it isn't absorbed very easily through the skin any ways.

MemberMember
(@smoothmove)

Posted : 04/24/2013 8:14 pm

Thanks for the input

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 04/28/2013 2:43 am

I came across that article a few weeks ago. Deep down, I knew it was BS, but since I had MSM just sitting here, I thought I'd give it a try. I crushed up a couple of MSM pills- mixed it with water and applied it to my face, at night. I applied this ghostly white mask for approx. 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I stopped because it was making me more oily than before with the added bonus of very prominent blackheads, which I don't usually have. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the cream. It may help moisturize, but it will do nothing for your scars.

MSM may not be that great topically, but i will tell you..I took 3K milligrams of MSM daily for many years and my hair and nails grew like crazy. I have no idea why I stopped. Recently, I read that MSM is connected to many negative side effects. Now I'm hesistant to try it again.