Notifications
Clear all

Next Step Help Please

MemberMember
(@jayjaykay)

Posted : 04/15/2013 2:05 am

So I started the Regimen about 6 weeks ago, and nothing has really changed. I'm wondering what my next step should be. I had relatively good skin through my teens with maybe a pimple or two at a time, and then things got worse when I was 20, and now I'm 21. I'd say my acne is now moderately severe, with pimples in various stages on my forehead, my cheeks, and my chin.

In the past six months my acne has really progressed to being worse and worse.

I've thus far tried going back to the very basics of what I used when I had pretty clear skin (Neutrogena Cream Cleanser, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer).

I've tried changing my cleanser to ones with no acne medication at all (Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel, Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser, and Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser).

I've tried using my Neutrogena Cleanser with wiping diluted tea tree oil on my face afterwards.

And I've tried switching my moisturizer (Josie Maran Argan Oil).

All of my changes I've done in one thing at a time, and allowing at least a month between changes.

Right now I'm using Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser, Dan's BP, and Clinique Dramatically Different (at night), and Aveeno Positively Ageless SPF 30 (during the day).

So what to try next? My skin was not that great when I was just on the non medicated things, but it was much better than now. Should I try to go back to that? During my teens I used Clearasil BP for spot treatment, should I go back to that? Or is there something new that I should try?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@sithas15)

Posted : 04/15/2013 2:22 am

What I've been using as of 2 weeks ago has been purpose facial cleanser, Epsom salt and neutrogena combo skin oil free lotion. I wash my face in the shower with just the purpose cleanser. Once I exit the shower I apply the Epsom salt onto my damp skin and leave it on for about 20 mins. I then rinse the Epsom salt off with Luke warm water under the shower again and wash my face again with a little purpose cleanser just to get the residue of the salt off completely. Last I pat my face dry and I apply the lotion. I do this morning and at night. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and it has really improved my overall skin. It's less oily, little to no new breakouts and all the ones I did have are healing if not have healed. It's worth a try.