Notifications
Clear all

Cystic Acne On Face

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 04/07/2013 12:48 am

I'm male and 26 and have had acne since i was younger. However last few years it gotten much better until i broke out a lot again.

I have cystic acne and its usually in a few problem spots on my face. I usually get 2-3 of them at a time and the only way for them to go away is when i wash my face such as using gentle purpose cleanser, it then sort of pops a bit and then it bleeds. I then continue clean my face with it as thats my cleanser. So it takes 1 week of it before those cysts are bleeding and thus its gone. Problem is of course there are red marks and brown marks because of it. Then a few days later, i get more of these in different parts of my face.

If i dont do this, then the cyst doesn't pop and thus that cyst will look very red and you will still see it on the face. I know you are not suppose to pop a pimple but this isn't a pimple, its a cyst. However, is it possible to actually heal the cystic pimple like this in those spots where it doesn't pop and bleed but then have it grow smaller? The other thing is these cystic pimple im talking about has a head. So does that mean it has to bleed in order for it to thus go away? The thing is everytime the cyst gets popped when washing my face, it leaves hyperpigmenation and its huge... like dime size. Thing is i have tons of these all over my face because of it. So basically i have hyperpigmention/red marks everywhere b/c of this.

Is there a solution to these cystic pimples on my face? Its those that are painful and thus once it breaks whether you pop it or use a cleanser and wash your face, it bleeds a bit and then after a while you no longer have a cyst there. These are not those regular pimples you get. When i get those, i don't pop them, i just put a salycid acid cream on it and it does okay usually.

I currently use neutrogena acne defense lotion that has 2 percent salycic acid and its good to put on for pimples that are not cysts. However if i put them on a cyst, it doesn't really do that much. So whenever i wash my face in the morning and evening with my cleanser, it increases the chance of the cyst bleeding.

There was a sticky here on what to do with a cyst but i cannot find it. My questions are, are we never suppose to pop these cysts? The thing is even if you don't, aren't you going to eventually when you cleanse your face? Last time i tried to make sure i dont cleanse my face hard and thus make the cyst pop and bleed but eventually it did.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 04/07/2013 1:09 am

Does that mean if i have to pop the cyst since it already has a head, is it absoulute must to use polysporin on it so it won't have a red mark or scar? What about aloe vera gel?

So if it pops and bleeds and you dont put anything on it as oppose to putting something, that increases the chance of the hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/07/2013 2:02 am

if you have big , nasty cystic and you did not try the BP , you should definitely look into Accutane.It can be your cure.

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 04/07/2013 3:17 am

I would avoid Accutane like the plague.

Acne is a sign of something internal. Hormone levels, diet, etc. Whatever you do don't expect a lot out of topicals except maybe clindamycin. I would go on a very short term dose of antibiotics while you get a hormone and allergy test from your doctor. Begin taking zinc sulfate supplements. In fact, also see a naturopath.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 04/07/2013 2:49 pm

Heres the thing. I have these big nasty cystic acne but its always in a few areas of my face. Thing is i dont have it all over my face. Like for example, if you look at me, you would say i have some pretty nasty cystic spots on my face but its not considered severe unless you only look at those spots. Problem is those spots are huge.

My question that i want someone to answer is, does the cyst have to break/bleed no matter? The thing if i dont cleanse my face enough... then it would not break and thus that huge cystic pimple redness would still be there.

So i should cleanse my face very lightly so it won't bleed but if i do this, then wouldnt the cystic pimple still stay there?

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 04/07/2013 8:06 pm

Cysts are tricky. Sometimes they come to a head and burst, sometimes they kind of burst....as you said, and linger for a while. I would accept the cysts being there for the time being and realize there isn't much you can do about them except try different medications and diet/lifestyle changes. Don't mess with them. I would apply cleanser very gently, yes, and don't even try to mess with them. i have found with every cyst I have gotten it has gotten worse if I messed with it. If it's going to pop, let it do it on its own. Unfortunetly my friend, cysts are very difficult to treat. I've had cystic acne for 10 years, and they all occur around my cheeks, mouth, and chin. It's just horrible. However I have found diet and stress have a relation with them. So try to relax and accept, and remember....less is more. Just cleanse the area, pat dry and maybe apply ice if its hurting. I have found topical antibiotics somewhat helpful, although I think they are a bad idea to use long term.

Heres the thing. I have these big nasty cystic acne but its always in a few areas of my face. Thing is i dont have it all over my face. Like for example, if you look at me, you would say i have some pretty nasty cystic spots on my face but its not considered severe unless you only look at those spots. Problem is those spots are huge.

My question that i want someone to answer is, does the cyst have to break/bleed no matter? The thing if i dont cleanse my face enough... then it would not break and thus that huge cystic pimple redness would still be there.

So i should cleanse my face very lightly so it won't bleed but if i do this, then wouldnt the cystic pimple still stay there?