Notifications
Clear all

Acne Sucks Balls.

MemberMember
(@katherine-phan)

Posted : 04/07/2013 12:31 am

I'm new to posting and for a couple of moths now I just been on this website, just trying to reassure myself that I'm not alone. And sometimes I been bawling my eyes out from some of these posts. I have mild to moderate acne although everyday, I fear to get out of bed to face the new treasure in the mirror.(maybe alot of people feel this way also) and I'm wondering if anyone else takes off their glasses/contacts so the mirror all blurred up.

I know I'm just 15 and many people have been suffering from acne for a longer time (I got that) but, I feel this is just an endless battle and I'm desperately losing. I'm tired of having to worry for my skin and that look that people give when they look at my hideous face. Like I got shot in the leg or something. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is... why did God even create Acne? Why?

(LONG RANT WARNING^^, SORRY)

Also, can anyone help me with my red marks and also a review for the Clearasil ultra acne and marks spot lotion. Thank you! I'm not completely sure of this brand because I never tried it (except for their oil blotting sheets). And I have been using Koiji Bar Soap, it help just a bit but how has it work for anyone else.

Thanks! Peace!rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/07/2013 2:00 am

I'm 16 but for me acne wasn't mild or moderate , I wish it was.

It's a rough battle,but as in any battle there's a winer ,and acne never wins.

It may seem like an endless battle but once you find the right prodcuts for the job or the right medication , is done.

My acne is now gone but I do have very nasty red marks , I don't know about Clearasil but I can tell you what should work for red marks.

A combination of tretinoin cream with an exfoliant such as AHA or BHA , using the exfoliant in the morrning and tretinoin in the evening.Also you will need a good moisturizer such as Cetaphil,Cerave,Eucerin,Aveeno.And most important you need time and patience .

Lastly if you want a "quick" fix up, look into chiemical peels or lasers.

Take care.

MemberMember
(@katherine-phan)

Posted : 04/07/2013 11:56 pm

I'm 16 but for me acne wasn't mild or moderate , I wish it was.

It's a rough battle,but as in any battle there's a winer ,and acne never wins.

It may seem like an endless battle but once you find the right prodcuts for the job or the right medication , is done.

My acne is now gone but I do have very nasty red marks , I don't know about Clearasil but I can tell you what should work for red marks.

A combination of tretinoin cream with an exfoliant such as AHA or BHA , using the exfoliant in the morrning and tretinoin in the evening.Also you will need a good moisturizer such as Cetaphil,Cerave,Eucerin,Aveeno.And most important you need time and patience .

Lastly if you want a "quick" fix up, look into chiemical peels or lasers.

Take care.

Thanks, I don't think I can afford the chemical peels but thanks for the tips! Someone told me that even if you have red marks or scars at least you have something to remind you of a battle and you came out winning. I guess there is a positive to red marks, thanks!

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/08/2013 1:32 am

Acne does suck balls, many of the people here know how hard it is to fight it physically and emotionally. Might I suggest the DKR if you still have active acne? It's a full regimen already, and the research is all here on these pages. Hang in there. The only thing you can do now is take control of your acne, don't wake up everyday fearing that new pimple. Embrace your day and by actively trying to fight acne know that in the future you will have beautiful skin. And BTW most important do not pick or pop acne especially ones with no head. Do not force any pimples to pop cause this will definitely increase your chances of depressed scarring.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/13/2013 10:32 pm

I would like.to commend you on on not taking antibiotics for this, my advice? Go out, have fun, and more importantly, GET DIRTY. Dirt doesnt cause acne, and in fact, you will probably pick up a few strains of beneficial bacteria, that you NEED for good health, be in contact with as many healthy people.and pets as you can, PASS the joint whatever. Your young and haven't aquire enough beneficial bacteria, this might sound silly, but I am almost willing to guarantee if you get out, lots of sun/fun, and don't stress about your acne (stress will kill your good bacteria faster than bad bacteria) it may take a long time, but your acne will start to improve. The absolute WORST thing you can do, is stay inside, isolated all day, this will cause stress and depression, killing what good bacteria you have, while limiting the amount of new healthy bacteria you could be acquiring while.having fun. Don't be excessive in your hygiene, and don't be afraid to sweat. Your sweat cleanses out the bad guys and leaves the good guys (your body knows what to clean if you let it) drink alot of water. I highly recommend getting a water cooler, and then finding a water supplier that double or triple filters water, uses UV to kill bacteria, and guarantees no chlorine or flouridd, these kill beneficial bacteria. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU EVER AGREE TO TAKE ANY ANTIBIOTICS FOR ACNE!!! This kills ALL bacteria, and the bad guys, grow ALOT faster than the good guys. Your acne will never.go away if your always thinking about it. Let it go, who cares, go have fun. Wash once or twice a day, normally once, unless you get your.face dirty, I. Which case, don't wash it off until till your sure your.not.going to get dirty for the rest of the day. The dirt won't cause acne and in fact might plant some beneficial bacteria on your face. Bottom line, don't over worry a out it get dirty, have fun. (greases and oils will give you zits, not YOUR sebum tho, your sebum pushes shit.out of your pores, and helps heal your skin / hyperpigmentation )

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/14/2013 2:06 am

I would like.to commend you on on not taking antibiotics for this, my advice? Go out, have fun, and more importantly, GET DIRTY. Dirt doesnt cause acne, and in fact, you will probably pick up a few strains of beneficial bacteria, that you NEED for good health, be in contact with as many healthy people.and pets as you can, PASS the joint whatever. Your young and haven't aquire enough beneficial bacteria, this might sound silly, but I am almost willing to guarantee if you get out, lots of sun/fun, and don't stress about your acne (stress will kill your good bacteria faster than bad bacteria) it may take a long time, but your acne will start to improve. The absolute WORST thing you can do, is stay inside, isolated all day, this will cause stress and depression, killing what good bacteria you have, while limiting the amount of new healthy bacteria you could be acquiring while.having fun. Don't be excessive in your hygiene, and don't be afraid to sweat. Your sweat cleanses out the bad guys and leaves the good guys (your body knows what to clean if you let it) drink alot of water. I highly recommend getting a water cooler, and then finding a water supplier that double or triple filters water, uses UV to kill bacteria, and guarantees no chlorine or flouridd, these kill beneficial bacteria. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU EVER AGREE TO TAKE ANY ANTIBIOTICS FOR ACNE!!! This kills ALL bacteria, and the bad guys, grow ALOT faster than the good guys. Your acne will never.go away if your always thinking about it. Let it go, who cares, go have fun. Wash once or twice a day, normally once, unless you get your.face dirty, I. Which case, don't wash it off until till your sure your.not.going to get dirty for the rest of the day. The dirt won't cause acne and in fact might plant some beneficial bacteria on your face. Bottom line, don't over worry a out it get dirty, have fun. (greases and oils will give you zits, not YOUR sebum tho, your sebum pushes shit.out of your pores, and helps heal your skin / hyperpigmentation )

Well that's a lot of dirty words.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/14/2013 2:43 am

I know how you feel.. although I am 21 now and not 15. But when I was 15 I started getting moderately severe acne on my cheeks and still have scarring today. I remember feeling so depressed about it and it took very long to clear.. I was constantly bullied and missed many chances to go out and be a kid. I had to end up taking birth control and found my solution there after a few months.

Now after about 5 years I am back with acne again, but this time it is on the sides of my chin and cheeks. It is so painful some days and I have horrible scarring again. I remember waking up crying and covering up every inch of my face in make up.. I sometimes still do when I feel insecure. I feel like I was over the acne stuff when I was a teen but now as an adult I find it more challenging to deal with. Acne is a painful battle, keep on fighting. There will be good and bad days. Also don't listen to people who demand you not try something because it didnt work for them, you will probably try many things and will find your own way.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/14/2013 10:26 am

Yes, I do have vulgar language, I apologize. But you can be assured I have your best interest in mind, I'm actually a VERY caring person.

Please don't take antibiotics.....

Cassie, are you still on birth control, or did acne come back after you stopped taking it? It suppresses hormones, and studies have proved children born to mothers who have been on long courses of birth control are born with weaker gut flora. Breast feeding for 2 years in the case of long term birth control, or delivery via C section, is reccomened for upto 2 years, as this will help reverse some if not most of the damage. (Child gets alot of its healthy bacteria for life while it comes through the birth canal)

Best wishes,

Matthew

PS you can obviously take antibiotics if you do so choose, but there is a high chance you will regret it in the future, this is what I'm hoping to prevent. All acne is due to bacterial/yeast imbalance, this much is true.

[Removed]