Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spartan32

Positive Ablative Laser Experiences

I keep going back and forth in my mind over getting DeepFX done to treat my boxcar and icepick scars. I would be getting about 12 scars spot treated across my forehead, temples, and cheeks. My doctor said I could see up to 85% improvement after 4-6 treatments depending on how I respond. She also told me that if I want those results that she would have to use a high setting and create a lot of heat. This would make the downtime pretty long and my scars would be red/pink for 3+ months and that is even with my pale skin.

I am having a hard time finding good reviews. I have seen some but the majority of them someone has a big issue with something regarding the procedure. I can deal with the scars being red for a few months but I am scared of things like additional scarring, hypopigmentation, and texture changes. Can anyone here help ease my worrying or is this something that I just need to go ahead and try for myself?