Notifications
Clear all

Breakout When Using New Bp Product?

MemberMember
(@uwotm8s)

Posted : 03/25/2013 7:42 pm

So since PanOxyl stopped producing I needed a new bp product. I was using 10% so I went for clean and clear persa gel 10 after reading good reviews. Anyway since using it I've broken out like never before. My breakouts on panoxyl were usually 2 or 3 spots at a time and I'd go a few weeks completely clear. On the clean and clear for maybe 3 weeks and I've had 10 cysts, yes 10. Not normal at all. I know using bp for the first time will cause an outbreak but I've used it for years.

I want to keep with it to see if it is the new breakout thing, but want to know if anyone has had similar experiences and what did you do?

MemberMember
(@skinnyminnie)

Posted : 03/25/2013 9:36 pm

For a little less than a week now I've been using Neutrogena's 2.5% spot treatment - I dab a little on spots in the morning, and at night I spread it over my problem areas. I'm really happy with what I'm seeing so far. No redness, dryness, irritation, or peeling of any kind. It just feels tight after it dries (the night application) so I'm generous with my moisturizer. And I have super super sensitive skin. So maybe this product will work better than a 10%, it could be irritating your skin like crazy.

MemberMember
(@uwotm8s)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:03 am

No I've been using 10% for years and never had a breakout like this :/ It seems to be calming down now though. I've never really had cysts before either, I usually get the medium sized white heads, but now I've had like 5 under skin cysts that take nearly a week to fully grow, and a week to f*** off.