Notifications
Clear all

What To Do With 2 Month Cyst?

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 03/23/2013 7:39 pm

Mid january I got a pimple on my cheek that turned to a painful under the skin cyst. It eventually popped, but a bump always remained there. It inflammed again for about a week, then seemed to almost go away after another week. Mid February, it inflamed fully again to where I made an appointment to get a cortisone shot. I didn't get an appointment until mid March, so when I went in, it was still there, but not inflamed or red at all, just a raised spot. I got it injected, and its been 2 days and its still there. What do I do? I really do not want to have to get a biopsy on it because I am scared to death of getting a scar. I feel like my cysts always come in when I start to grow facial hair in certain spots, so I feel like I'm at the end of my cystic acne course, but I need to get this one away. Should I just wait, or should I get it removed? Will putting any topicals on it help because I pretty much have them all. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@jess09)

Posted : 03/23/2013 8:27 pm

you can go to a dermatologist and they will eaither open it and drain it or inject kenalogg into it to make the inflamation and everything go down if you dont want to biopsy just ask for the injections we do them all the time in the derm office im at...