Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred23

Never Want To Show My Face To Anyone:(

I have deep acne scars box scars and ice pick scars. I used retina about 7 years ago and my face is so saggy and lopsided one cheek is sagging more than the other. Its like this happened overnight. I feel like an ugly freak. I am so embarrassed when people look at me. Especially when meeting new people, I always worry they are going to be mean cause I look horrid or stare at my uneven skin. I don't like to leave my house ever! My face use to be so full even with the scars now I look like I've reached my 60s and I'm 34. What did I do to deserve this. Please pray for me, cause I've gone into a horrible depression. I want my face back. I hate going to work looking like this. How do others handle this?

the same here . i have deep boxcar scars on my cheeks and temples,scarred pores ,redness ,spider veins and dark circles under eyes, i am 24 years old but my face look like 50 or 60, i don't like to look at mirrors ,may be that the only thing make me comfortable

the same here . i have deep boxcar scars on my cheeks and temples,scarred pores ,redness ,spider veins and dark circles under eyes, i am 24 years old but my face look like 50 or 60, i don't like to look at mirrors ,may be that the only thing make me comfortable
I have the exact same issues even the bags. Why does acne make u look so much older?

I totally feel your pain. My face looks halfway okay when I look in my bathroom mirror, but when I looked in an up close mirror recently I wanted to literally toss the thing away and have it shatter into a million pieces. My face looked like the surface of some alien planet with all kinds of craters and scars and blemishes, just about drove me crazy for a few days. I won't look into that mirror again anytime soon. It is super hard just to go out and live life too...like during my worst breakouts I just wanna stay at home and them them subside and get better. It takes that extra bit of courage just for an acne-sufferer to open up that front door and go face the world sometimes. In the past few years my acne has pretty much made me into a lonewolf. I go to work, I have friends at work, but half the time when they invite me out and I just decline because social events are so hard me to plan in advance because you never know what your skin is going to do that day/week or whatever. It's tough!

I wish you the best. Just remember...you're not alone in this. :)

Yep, we've all been through it mate. There are times when I don't want to go out and I avoid meeting friends for drinks and events. Acne and scarring can really mess up our lives.

Im invited all the time to happy hour and I never go because I dont want people to look at me up that close. Although the alchohol may make me look not so bad to them LOL

I feel your pain. I normally try to ignore it but, depending on the situation, i don't make eye contact at times or let people stare at one side of my head too long. Right now I've got a big one that sprung up overnight. it's right on my temple.