Notifications
Clear all

I Just Can't Deal With My Acne Anymore

MemberMember
(@leah1995)

Posted : 02/16/2013 12:54 pm

So it all began about a week before Christmas. My skin was perfectly fine then i went to take a shower and get ready to go out and all of a sudden there was HUGE pimpled right on my cheek. it took forever to clear up and every since then i have been getting acne repetitively. I used to hardly ever get any pimples. Occasionally i would break out but then after that cleared up i would be fine. But the past few months i will break out, it will clear up for a day, and then back to breaking out. My dermatologist perscribed me cephalexin, that didn't work. She then perscribed me tetracycline, i've been on it for two weeks and still hasn't worked. I bought the clarisonic, doesn't work. And i have epiduo gel, and tretinoin gel. Nothing works. My acne isn't horrendous but each and every day it is killing my self esteem. All i do is cry. I can't look in the mirror and I don't like even leaving the house, i barely go out, only for school, i have to make up excuses to my friends as why i can't go out with them. I just don't know what to do i have tried everything nothing will clear my acne, it is leading me into a depression.

MemberMember
(@bobbyz1)

Posted : 02/16/2013 1:31 pm

You're getting acne from something your eating, and/or something you're using, be it soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, products your using to clear your current acne, make up, etc. etc.

But the good news is, Acne is easy to beat smile.png I know that sounds simplistic and is hard for most to understand, but it's true. Easier said then done indeed, but the bottom line is, it's doable.

It's just a matter of trial and error, and eliminating what is causing acne in your specific case. Everyone is different. Nobody ever takes this approach of taking the time to find out what's causing their acne, instead they take the easy approach and just throw creams on their face or take pills....or worse, they listen to their dermatologist.

Pimples come to life from the inside out. So instead of trying to tackle the problem just from the outside, you need to tackle the problem from the inside. Doctors just treat symptoms, without getting to the cause of the problem, which is usually poor diet, lack of nutrition & exercise. Instead they just prescribe pills, creams, etc. This is not the way to go about getting rid of acne, it's a way helping make lots of people rich who benefit off of you having acne for as long as possible.

What is your diet like? Do you exercise?

Important thing is to try to stay as positive as possible.....just know there is light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a matter of getting there smile.png

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/17/2013 7:36 pm

bobbyz1, acne is not exactly easy to beat & you most definitely do not know more about skin conditions that a dermatologist. Also who is becoming rich? Most first line drugs prescribed for treating acne are very cheap.

Having said that, I think a sudden onset of acne could be caused by some kind of change in lifestyle or product as you say.

Leah1995, you're not giving anything time to work, and you seem to have a real excess of products to use. Anti-biotics take more than 2 weeks to work, and try following the regimen from this website for at least a month or so & try and keep your skin in good general condition. Topical retinoids can be especially harsh to the skin.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 02/18/2013 6:52 pm

bobbyz1, acne is not exactly easy to beat & you most definitely do not know more about skin conditions that a dermatologist. Also who is becoming rich? Most first line drugs prescribed for treating acne are very cheap.

Anti-biotics take more than 2 weeks to work, and try following the regimen from this website for at least a month or so & try and keep your skin in good general condition.

The thing about dermatology is, is that the practice is being completely abused my most (not all) dermatologists in regards to acne. Most of them don't take it seriously, which is why they simply prescribe you topical chemicals and/or anti-biotics, both of which are not addressing the underlying metabolic cause of your acne. And pharmaceutical companies are pushing the use of these products, and Big Pharma is an actual thing, or monopoly if you will. And they are concerned primarily with making money. One cream may not be incredibly expensive, but when the world is full of acne sufferers oblivious to what acne really is or how they should be treating it, you get loads of people putting their trust in you, who you can sell your product to

The road to finding out what works for you may be very long indeed, but the more you know before trying anything, the easier/faster it can be. And i absolutely agree with bobbyz1 that acne is your body telling you something isn't right/balanced on the inside. Topical approaches can help, but too many people who may have simply had a short period of pubescent acne, end up making it far worse by running out and getting harsh creams/washes to slather all over their skin. And these teens usually have extremely toxic diets.

MemberMember
(@brightling)

Posted : 02/18/2013 7:29 pm

So it all began about a week before Christmas. My skin was perfectly fine then i went to take a shower and get ready to go out and all of a sudden there was HUGE pimpled right on my cheek. it took forever to clear up and every since then i have been getting acne repetitively. I used to hardly ever get any pimples. Occasionally i would break out but then after that cleared up i would be fine. But the past few months i will break out, it will clear up for a day, and then back to breaking out. My dermatologist perscribed me cephalexin, that didn't work. She then perscribed me tetracycline, i've been on it for two weeks and still hasn't worked. I bought the clarisonic, doesn't work. And i have epiduo gel, and tretinoin gel. Nothing works. My acne isn't horrendous but each and every day it is killing my self esteem. All i do is cry. I can't look in the mirror and I don't like even leaving the house, i barely go out, only for school, i have to make up excuses to my friends as why i can't go out with them. I just don't know what to do i have tried everything nothing will clear my acne, it is leading me into a depression.

Its only been 2 weeks! Antibiotics make it worse before it gets better and it takes over a month sometimes for them to work. You have to take them every 12 hours for them to work too, or the bacteria will grow resistant. I hate tetracycline. It only worked if i took it on an empty stomach and it made me sick to take it in an empty stomach--but i did it anyway cause I guess i'd rather be sick then have painful or pus filled zits on my face (kinda sad). Anyways, just keep using what your doctor gives you and you'll get clearer if you stick with it.

Also, in the meantime you might want to get out and hang out with your friends--or at the very least go to the library or mall or something; walk your dog or whatever; just get out. You'll see that no one cares that you have acne. I see people with acne all the time and no one stares at them but me lol.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/18/2013 7:50 pm

Anti-biotics take more than 2 weeks to work, and try following the regimen from this website for at least a month or so & try and keep your skin in good general condition.

The thing about dermatology is, is that the practice is being completely abused my most (not all) dermatologists in regards to acne. Most of them don't take it seriously, which is why they simply prescribe you topical chemicals and/or anti-biotics, both of which are not addressing the underlying metabolic cause of your acne. And pharmaceutical companies are pushing the use of these products, and Big Pharma is an actual thing, or monopoly if you will. And they are concerned primarily with making money. One cream may not be incredibly expensive, but when the world is full of acne sufferers oblivious to what acne really is or how they should be treating it, you get loads of people putting their trust in you, who you can sell your product to

The road to finding out what works for you may be very long indeed, but the more you know before trying anything, the easier/faster it can be. And i absolutely agree with bobbyz1 that acne is your body telling you something isn't right/balanced on the inside. Topical approaches can help, but too many people who may have simply had a short period of pubescent acne, end up making it far worse by running out and getting harsh creams/washes to slather all over their skin. And these teens usually have extremely toxic diets.

You can't make a sweeping statement about every dermatologist. Some may not take acne that seriously; it's probably because they deal with a lot of cancer patients.

The underlying cause of acne isn't known. If it was, it could be cured - "something isn't right/balanced on the inside" is obvious, but if so far the whole medical community cannot find an answer to the "something", I don't really think any of us are going to all on our own. Isotretinoin is probably the closest thing we're ever going to get to fixing the problem, and even there, the mechanism by which it works is quite unknown.

As I said, I don't really get why you might think pharmaceutical companies reel in such profits from acne treatments; Most antibiotics & creams for acne are incredibly cheap due to lots of competition & simplification of manufacturing. No one is making a huge amount of money. This argument is only really viable when a drug is under patent (eg, Accutane a few years back). The pharma market for generic drugs is highly competitive & there can't be any monopolisation.

Medicine is there to help, not out to get you!

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 02/19/2013 12:21 pm

Rorius, there is not one single underlying cause of acne that is consistent throughout all acne sufferers, or better yet i should say there is not one single way to address it. I don't believe i said there was. There are however many factors/complex interactions that contribute to it. These factors can and are very different from person to person. For some, it may be one particular food. For others, it may be years of overloading their liver with toxic substances thus preventing proper blood filtration/hormone regulation. For others it may be a deficiency in a particular vitamin like D. Or it may be a lack of proper production of linoleic acid in the skin, which can be helped by the use of ingesting such oils that contain these acids, and by applying topically. Or it could be a factor of too much stress. And any combination of these, plus countless others

You cannot address these issues by using anti-biotics/harsh creams and cleansers. You can however do a number of things to your diet/lifestyle/topical approach that can drastically help, if not completely eliminate the problem. But this can involve much trial and error. Either way, the things you do to address acne from the inside have so many long term health benefits, it's worth it to implement even if you do not see an improvement in acne through one particular diet change/food elimination

Modern medicine is doing far more harm than good my friend. People are not being educated by their doctors about the importance of eating the right foods, because doctors are not taught nutrition adequately in medical school. Hell they are still caught up in a world where cholesterol is the enemy. Cholesterol, which is an anti-oxidant capable of being produced by every cell in our body, with the primary purpose of healing damaged tissue. Damaged arterial tissue from years of toxic substances being circulated throughout the blood and wearing away at the arteries. And this is a whole different debate which i am more than willing to get into

Doctors are taught about the illness and the drugs used to treat the illness. But these drugs always have side effects, and are a band-aid fix to a much deeper issue. Doctors aren't evil, and are indeed doing everything they know to help the patient. And some do indeed realize the importance of nutrition and are going out of their way to tell the patient. These are a rarity in modern medicine. These doctors go to school to learn about medicine, and are taught about medicine in pharmaceutical funded medical schools. You don't see a conflict of interest there? There is more corruption in the world of modern medicine than i think you'd like to believe. These doctors are also given gifts by pharmaceutical companies for regularly prescribing their drugs, so there is incentive to do so.