Notifications
Clear all

Not Exactly Sure What Kind Of Acne I Have And What Is Causing Them

MemberMember
(@dsfargeg)

Posted : 02/07/2013 1:53 am

For the past year or so I've been getting some really painful acne around the moustache area and nose, which look a lot like whiteheads. When they first start developing, you can't see them unless you're really close but you can feel a very small bump with very slight pain. After this, a whitehead starts forming, then, it starts getting bigger until a whitehead has completely formed. They usually last 2-5 days, but I get them constantly (so much that it looks like I constantly have a cold from the redness after they're gone) and they are very painful. When one is gone, another one seems to pop up in at most 2 days. Sometimes I get multiple at the same time. There isn't a particular time of day they start forming, sometimes I wake up with none at all and during the day I find one forming.

When I pop them, which I only usually do if it's becoming too painful (these are usually the ones right under or around the nose), there is barely any pus but a lot of blood.

I just popped one of the biggest and most painful ones I've had, and I had to constantly wash my face because I felt like it was burning up.

I don't think they are normal whiteheads because sometimes (but rarely) I get whiteheads on my cheeks but they are very small, painless and if I pop them usually more pus than blood comes out and apart from that, I have no acne problems at all. Maybe it's some kind of infection?

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/07/2013 5:32 am

Go to the doc's if you're not sure that it's acne. In the mean time, don't constantly wash your face as it'll only aggravate it, & try putting some Benzoyl Peroxide on the area for a couple of weeks.

MemberMember
(@dchinot)

Posted : 02/10/2013 9:07 am

I have this same acne! It started leaving my mustache area and spreading to my cheeks though, I never met too many people with similar acne as mine but yours is spot on. What helped me stop some was a nightly clay mask (doesn't really do all that much but it helps) and I'm going to a dermatologist who prescribed me an antibiotic i recommend going to one ASAP!

MemberMember
(@dsfargeg)

Posted : 02/10/2013 9:49 am

I have this same acne! It started leaving my mustache area and spreading to my cheeks though, I never met too many people with similar acne as mine but yours is spot on. What helped me stop some was a nightly clay mask (doesn't really do all that much but it helps) and I'm going to a dermatologist who prescribed me an antibiotic i recommend going to one ASAP!

How long have you been getting them? I've recently started to pop them as soon as the whitehead starts forming and putting some rubbing alcohol on it. Not sure if it's a good idea but it's helping me a lot.

dchinot liked
MemberMember
(@dchinot)

Posted : 02/10/2013 12:28 pm

I've had it since the end of 6th grade i cleared them up a lot then now they are starting to come back. Im kinda scared to pop them because it refills with more pus, right now I'm taking a sulfur antibiotic but it doesn't do much for my face. I was thinking accutane but i don't want to screw up my body