Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CleanAndNotClear

Subcutaneous Cyst

Hello folks,

Just a bit of background first. I'm 25 and my skin has been okay for a while now. While I probably only had mild/moderate skin blemishes in the past some cysts have been left behind.

I'm fairly certain I have a small cyst 2-3mm below the skin close to my left cheek bone. It is very hard, painless, movable and I can "crunch" it against the bone below. It's been there at least 7 years and it bothers me every time I put my hand on my cheek feeling this hard lump grind against the bone.

Sometimes I don't notice it as it seems smaller on some days and bigger on others. It isn't usually noticeable on the surface.

I tried to cut it open years ago but gave up after the initial cut. I've even thought about stabbing a small lance into it to suck out it's contents but it's so hard I doubt the needle could penetrate it.

Should I go to the doctor and get a referral to a plastic surgeon?

Edited by CleanAndNotClear

Hello folks,

Just a bit of background first. I'm 25 and my skin has been okay for a while now. While I probably only had mild/moderate skin blemishes in the past some cysts have been left behind.

I'm fairly certain I have a small cyst 2-3mm below the skin close to my left cheek bone. It is very hard, painless, movable and I can "crunch" it against the bone below. It's been there at least 7 years and it bothers me every time I put my hand on my cheek feeling this hard lump grind against the bone.

Sometimes I don't notice it as it seems smaller on some days and bigger on others. It isn't usually noticeable on the surface.

I tried to cut it open years ago but gave up after the initial cut. I've even thought about stabbing a small lance into it to suck out it's contents but it's so hard I doubt the needle could penetrate it.

Should I go to the doctor and get a referral to a plastic surgeon?

Cysts can sometimes leave a scar like that underneath the skin and reform in the same spot at a later point even. I'd see a doctor and see what they suggest.

I have a similar problem.

No, you can't get rid of this thing at home, your doctor will need to cut it out, or if you're really worried about scarring, then a plastic surgeon.