Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nogood4you1

Retin- A / Steaming / Exfoliating ?

I'm trying to adjust my regime the best as I can. At the moment, I steam my face and exfoliate afterwards, I wait 20 minutes then rub retin a onto my face. I wake up in the morning , apply cleanser and rub in with circle cotton pads to get soft exfoliation for peeling. Then i moisturize my face. Right now, I'm experiencing major visible peeling and redness. So I figured its ok to steam and exfoliate everyday, as long as I'm not harsh with rubbing . I'm planning on changing my moisturizer since it doesn't work too well , any suggestions for my regime ?

Maybe you should skip the steaming and exfoliating portion of your regime. Retin-A is a very harsh treatment so it's best to treat your skin gently while on it. Exfoliating will aggravate the redness and probably irritate your skin further. If I were you, I would gently cleanse my face instead of steaming/exfoliating it. Be very very gentle with your skin. It's going to be really fragile on retin-A