Notifications
Clear all

Derma Needling/stamping Diary

MemberMember
(@to1993)

Posted : 12/20/2012 9:25 pm

Hello everyone, I purchased the 1 mm Derma stamp from owndoc.com about 2 weeks ago and I got it today.The 1 mm derma stamp was supposed to be mainly for macules/PIH and shallow scars which I mostly have. I tried the derma stamp on a test spot on the side of my cheeks with a couple of very tiny and shallow pock marks. I am planning on stamping the rest of my cheeks in due time but for now, I just tried the stamp on a test spot to see how my skin reacts or if it does at all.

I took a shower, cleansed my face with just warm water and spectro gel, rinsed with cool water and dried with a towel. I sterilized the derma stamp using hot water even though it was already sterilized just to be sure. I stamped the area 8 times at first, it bled and I heard the "popping/ripping sounds" people on here were talking about. Those sounds are just natural as the needle on the stamp rips/destroys the scar tissues on the scar. I ended up stamping 2 more times for good measure. After stamping the area 10 times, I carefully rinsed off the blood (minimal) with cold water. The area was pink/reddish/swollen for about 5-10 mins but slowly went back to the original color. There was no scabs yet I suppose. I did not put any topicals on the stamped area. I just rubbed a little bit of polysporine/neosporine on the area to help with the healing. Right now, as I write this entry, the stamped area is slightly burning and I can feel a little bit of tingling on where I stamped. Who knows what it could be?

I will report if I see any improvements but so far I think it was somewhat successful since I heard the popping sounds which I confess was music to my ears. I will also add an entry on here if/when I stamp my other scars. For now, I worked on my less prominent scars to see how they react. I am a 19 year old asian male by the way and my pain tolerance is quite high. The stamping process hurt by a bit but nothing major.

Right now, I am planning on doing nothing on the area until after 3 days when I will start putting a tiny layer of differin gel on it. I am also taking vitamin a, c and e just for overall skin health. I did not type out the entire details of my regimen on here but I would gladly do so upon anyone's request. If anyone has any questions on the overall stamping, my regimen, treatments etc, feel free to ask and I would be more than happy to help. I will check this post once every day after work. Thank you for reading and have a good one guys!

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 12/23/2012 11:26 pm

Does the stamp hit healthy skin as well as scarred skin? I'd like to try stamping but I want to avoid causing any sort of damage to my unscarred skin if I can help it.

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 12/24/2012 7:29 pm

Does the stamp hit healthy skin as well as scarred skin? I'd like to try stamping but I want to avoid causing any sort of damage to my unscarred skin if I can help it.

I believe that if you use a 0.5mm or a 0.2mm, it is safe to roll/ stamp all over the skin and not cause any damage or scars to unscarred skin. If you plan to go higher then 0.5mm I would suggest to only target the area with the scars.

And good luck to the OP on his stamping! I want to hear more throughout his journey!

MemberMember
(@to1993)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:27 pm

I used a 1 mm derma stamp. I stamped a whole area of my skin with just a couple of very shallow scars and mostly healthy skin. It was swollen at first with a lot of needle marks but it's been 5 days now and the area went back to normal with I'd say a 10% improvement on the scars. This very shallow pock mark is barely visible anymore. I will continue to stamp the same area and move on to the next.

UPDATE: It's been 5 days now since I stamped. The area was swollen/red at first. The needles left nicks on the healthy skin I stamped but now they are gone and the redness is gone as well. I would say the scars have improved by about 10%. The area I stamped had 4 VERY VERY shallow scars/pock marks. 1 is barely visible, 2 stayed the same (for now) and one went from a shallow ice pick to more of a linear scar. I will continue to stamp the same area. The next one in about a week or so. I will continue to update this blog. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

MemberMember
(@to1993)

Posted : 12/28/2012 8:32 am

UPDATE: The area I stamped is progressing very well. Last night I got a little bit impatient so I stamped another area of my cheek. This area had 3 or 4 shallow pock marks. Same steps applied as the 1st. Took a shower, washed my face with spectro jel, stamped. I heard the popping/ripping sounds as well. The area of my skin is red right now but nothing major. To treat it, I consume vitamin A,C,E and apply polysporine on the area. I do not apply any topicals on the area until about 5-6 days or so. Everything's going well right now. I will try to stamp as much as I can this winter break to get maximum results. Thanks for following and feel free to send/ask me any questions/concerns that you might have! Happy holidays everyone!

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 12/28/2012 8:51 pm

Nice to hear it's going well. I'm wondering though, after your first procedure, did you notice any NEW scars that appeared or formed at all? Like new little tiny holes or something? Also did you bleed at all during your stamping? And lastly, If possible, could you actually post pictures of the area your stamping? Thanks and good luck!

MemberMember
(@to1993)

Posted : 12/30/2012 10:06 am

Nice to hear it's going well. I'm wondering though, after your first procedure, did you notice any NEW scars that appeared or formed at all? Like new little tiny holes or something? Also did you bleed at all during your stamping? And lastly, If possible, could you actually post pictures of the area your stamping? Thanks and good luck!

Thanks! Actually, I know what you are talking about. Those are not scars. Those are just PIH that formed from the needles hitting the healthy skin. They are perfectly normal. Mine went away in about a day or 2. I made sure I bled during my stamping. Collagen won't be induced if there is no "injury" or bleeding. When you are stamping, always make sure the whole scar has been stamped. You will know that if a scab forms on the scar. That way when it is remodeling, the whole scar is affected not just a portion of it. I will post pictures soon.

MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 12/30/2012 10:03 pm

Thanks! Actually, I know what you are talking about. Those are not scars. Those are just PIH that formed from the needles hitting the healthy skin. They are perfectly normal. Mine went away in about a day or 2. I made sure I bled during my stamping. Collagen won't be induced if there is no "injury" or bleeding. When you are stamping, always make sure the whole scar has been stamped. You will know that if a scab forms on the scar. That way when it is remodeling, the whole scar is affected not just a portion of it. I will post pictures soon.

I was wondering, can I still "injure" my skin even though I don't reach bleeding point? Instead of blood, it gets incredibly red.

MemberMember
(@to1993)

Posted : 12/31/2012 8:54 pm

I was wondering, can I still "injure" my skin even though I don't reach bleeding point? Instead of blood, it gets incredibly red.

No I don't think so. The only way collagen is induced is if there is injury in terms of blood which tricks the body into thinking that there is real injury. If the area just gets really red, there is really nothing that is happening. Good luck bud!

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 12/31/2012 9:32 pm

No I don't think so. The only way collagen is induced is if there is injury in terms of blood which tricks the body into thinking that there is real injury. If the area just gets really red, there is really nothing that is happening. Good luck bud!

Yeah I had the same question too after reading your response. If bleeding point needs to be reached for collagen to be induced then to me, it feels kinda risky. I haven't done dermarolling if you had assumed I did xD, but I do plan on doing it. Just in general I'm afraid of seeing blood come out of the skin especially my face because I remember when I still had acne, I would wait for the whiteheads to dry and flake off on it's own but once in a while, while I'm sleeping, I would wake up to find a blood patch on my pillow and some blood on my face where the scabbing whitehead was at. I knew then that it would leave more then a dark mark but an indent. I guess I'm just traumatized by my experiences with blood coming out of the skin on my face and that I know that dermarolling blood is Very different then scratching a healing acne scab and seeing blood. It's just the thought. Also, I'm an Asian guy too and I'm also 19 and my skin color is also pale! I remember reading about your other thread a while back and your experiences that you had explained seemed VERY similar to mine. I hope to see those images soon if possible and keep us updated! Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@to1993)

Posted : 01/02/2013 11:56 pm

Yeah I had the same question too after reading your response. If bleeding point needs to be reached for collagen to be induced then to me, it feels kinda risky. I haven't done dermarolling if you had assumed I did xD, but I do plan on doing it. Just in general I'm afraid of seeing blood come out of the skin especially my face because I remember when I still had acne, I would wait for the whiteheads to dry and flake off on it's own but once in a while, while I'm sleeping, I would wake up to find a blood patch on my pillow and some blood on my face where the scabbing whitehead was at. I knew then that it would leave more then a dark mark but an indent. I guess I'm just traumatized by my experiences with blood coming out of the skin on my face and that I know that dermarolling blood is Very different then scratching a healing acne scab and seeing blood. It's just the thought. Also, I'm an Asian guy too and I'm also 19 and my skin color is also pale! I remember reading about your other thread a while back and your experiences that you had explained seemed VERY similar to mine. I hope to see those images soon if possible and keep us updated! Good Luck!

I am not quite sure with derma rolling and the extent of your scars but I believe blood needs to be seen for collagen induction to take place. I could be wrong of course. That is just how I go with my own business. I do not stop until I see blood and it is working quite well as of this moment.

UPDATE: The last area I stamped is fully healed, no more swelling, red patches, needle marks. The shallow scars I had there have filled in by 90% and are now unnoticeable. It was already quite faded to begin with so there is really nothing significant here but to see this improvement is amazing to me. At least I know that this painful treatment I am doing is working. I took 2 days off from work starting tomorrow so I decided to stamp. This time I stamped the area I worked on the very first time and I stamped another area with tiny macules and a few very shallow scars. The areas are swollen/red as of now. I am treating it with just polysporine. I am very curious to see how derma stamp affects macules. I will report if I see any improvements. As for pictures, I apologize I keep stalling. I will post pictures the coming days. Bear with me.

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 01/04/2013 10:16 pm

I am not quite sure with derma rolling and the extent of your scars but I believe blood needs to be seen for collagen induction to take place. I could be wrong of course. That is just how I go with my own business. I do not stop until I see blood and it is working quite well as of this moment.

UPDATE: The last area I stamped is fully healed, no more swelling, red patches, needle marks. The shallow scars I had there have filled in by 90% and are now unnoticeable. It was already quite faded to begin with so there is really nothing significant here but to see this improvement is amazing to me. At least I know that this painful treatment I am doing is working. I took 2 days off from work starting tomorrow so I decided to stamp. This time I stamped the area I worked on the very first time and I stamped another area with tiny macules and a few very shallow scars. The areas are swollen/red as of now. I am treating it with just polysporine. I am very curious to see how derma stamp affects macules. I will report if I see any improvements. As for pictures, I apologize I keep stalling. I will post pictures the coming days. Bear with me.

My acne scars are quite shallow and it is isolated in 2 areas. I think derma stamping or rolling would work and really eliminate and fade them well. I was also wondering, do you have any hyperpigmentation or dark/red spots that you also stamp? And has stamping so far caused the skin to produce more pigment and make the area darker? I heard that too much needling in an area can cause hyperpigmentation. And for the last question for now: Why did you choose the stamp over the roller? Sorry if my questions are really specific! And can't wait for those images.

MemberMember
(@to1993)

Posted : 01/07/2013 7:04 pm

My acne scars are quite shallow and it is isolated in 2 areas. I think derma stamping or rolling would work and really eliminate and fade them well. I was also wondering, do you have any hyperpigmentation or dark/red spots that you also stamp? And has stamping so far caused the skin to produce more pigment and make the area darker? I heard that too much needling in an area can cause hyperpigmentation. And for the last question for now: Why did you choose the stamp over the roller? Sorry if my questions are really specific! And can't wait for those images.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy the past days. I do have hyperpigmentation from acne breakouts from years past but they have faded by about 90-100%. My only problems are the shallow scars, large pores and the very recent PIH/macules that is no problem to me. I am also not really concerned as much about the large pores. Stamping so far, I have done 4 treatments on various areas have not caused the skin to produce more pigment. It made the area darker because of the trauma caused by the needles but those are temporary and with the daily use of polysporine and consumption of vitamin a,c,e, zinc, the areas I stamped have healed quite well with gradual improvement. The reason I chose the derma stamp because my scars are very minimal, shallow and scattered. If I post my picture, you guys might even critic me for worrying since I have very little scars but I am self conscious about how I look so I treat them. I will post the images soon. I just can't seem to get good lighting and my camera produces very big file sizes. I will try with my recently bought iPhone when I have the time. Thanks for following bud and good luck!

UPDATE: The areas I stamped on January 2nd have healed by 95%. The areas are still both slightly darker than the rest of my skin but they are rather unnoticeable now. The first area I stamped was the one I already previously worked on. It has improved by another 5% from what I am seeing. It was already faded to begin with but the shallow scars there are filling in quite nicely. Actually I can already see the bottom of one scar which I have previously not seen before. I am very pleased about that. The second area I treated was the one with mostly macules. From stamping, I found out one which I thought was a macule was actually a mole (lol). Also, from a giant pimple I had in April 2012 which produced 2 very dark macules have faded by a very tiny shade. I am also very pleased with that. Maybe I will see more improvements after the areas go back to 100%. For now, I will not be doing any stamping since I am back in university. I cannot wait for a prolonged break so I can resume stamping. My goal will be to stamp as much as I can this summer and get as much improvement as I can by next school year (September). I will definitely post pictures of my scars and the areas I stamped. I can't seem to get good lighting to show my scars the best and my camera produces such high file sized images. I will try to take pictures with my recently bought iPhone when I have time. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for following guys! I try to help out as much as possible!

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 01/20/2013 9:26 pm

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy the past days. I do have hyperpigmentation from acne breakouts from years past but they have faded by about 90-100%. My only problems are the shallow scars, large pores and the very recent PIH/macules that is no problem to me. I am also not really concerned as much about the large pores. Stamping so far, I have done 4 treatments on various areas have not caused the skin to produce more pigment. It made the area darker because of the trauma caused by the needles but those are temporary and with the daily use of polysporine and consumption of vitamin a,c,e, zinc, the areas I stamped have healed quite well with gradual improvement. The reason I chose the derma stamp because my scars are very minimal, shallow and scattered. If I post my picture, you guys might even critic me for worrying since I have very little scars but I am self conscious about how I look so I treat them. I will post the images soon. I just can't seem to get good lighting and my camera produces very big file sizes. I will try with my recently bought iPhone when I have the time. Thanks for following bud and good luck!

UPDATE: The areas I stamped on January 2nd have healed by 95%. The areas are still both slightly darker than the rest of my skin but they are rather unnoticeable now. The first area I stamped was the one I already previously worked on. It has improved by another 5% from what I am seeing. It was already faded to begin with but the shallow scars there are filling in quite nicely. Actually I can already see the bottom of one scar which I have previously not seen before. I am very pleased about that. The second area I treated was the one with mostly macules. From stamping, I found out one which I thought was a macule was actually a mole (lol). Also, from a giant pimple I had in April 2012 which produced 2 very dark macules have faded by a very tiny shade. I am also very pleased with that. Maybe I will see more improvements after the areas go back to 100%. For now, I will not be doing any stamping since I am back in university. I cannot wait for a prolonged break so I can resume stamping. My goal will be to stamp as much as I can this summer and get as much improvement as I can by next school year (September). I will definitely post pictures of my scars and the areas I stamped. I can't seem to get good lighting to show my scars the best and my camera produces such high file sized images. I will try to take pictures with my recently bought iPhone when I have time. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for following guys! I try to help out as much as possible!

Hey, It's been awhile but I was wondering if you had been stamping lately or not since you haven't updated in awhile! Any new improvements since the day you began stamping? How have they healed? Hope you see this!