Notifications
Clear all

Your Advice On "worse Before Better"

MemberMember
(@peruanofutbol14)

Posted : 12/19/2012 4:08 pm

my derm gave me some finacea gel for my rosacea and acne for the first 4 or 5 days it was going great acne drying my face was less red... tomorrow will be two weeks and my face went crazy broke out in little tiny red dots face is redder... at this point i dont know if i should stop applying the gel or continue on maybe the worse has gone and from this point itll get better ... what should i do?? :(

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/19/2012 4:45 pm

i had that happen before with a cleanser i was using and my derm said it was an allergic reaction so i stopped using it. you might want to stop using it for now until you can talk to your derm.

MemberMember
(@peruanofutbol14)

Posted : 12/19/2012 8:15 pm

what kind of allergic reaction did you get ? like a rash or something? ive red online that on the specific gel im using.. once you get past the first 2 weeks it should get better because your face needs to get use to it... ive just read to many great things about this product to give up yet

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/20/2012 1:20 pm

yeah i got perioral dermatitis from it and then it ended up being all over my face. it was a mess and took about 2 months to go away. it started with little red bumps then it just spread all over my face. it was awful! my derm wants me to start finacea gel as well but i am nervous about using any product after having this dermatitis but i guess i gotta try something for my cystic acne besides antibiotics and sprionolcatone.

MemberMember
(@peruanofutbol14)

Posted : 12/20/2012 9:46 pm

well good luck to you :) i read alot of good things about the gel..ive been on it for exactly 2 weeks i wanna wait til week 4 to decide to continue or get of it... well see how it goes

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/26/2012 6:37 pm

how is the finacea working for you now? i havent started it yet because i am afraid it will bring all my under the skin bumps to the surface but i know i cant put it off much longer.