Notifications
Clear all

Proactiv Is A Scam

MemberMember
(@angrygirl)

Posted : 12/18/2012 9:54 am

to everyone proactiv is a scam dont buy this product it will not work i use it first day my face was red and swelling &peeling it & itching my face so i call then they ask me the expiration dayof the lotion one of the lotion was expired and they said 100%money back that not true iam waiting for my refund i dont have it they just said it take longer to have my refund but they ready. have it because i send back the proactiv with a tracking number they just want to take your money i lost 30.00 some one have to do something to company proactiv scam the best things to do wash your face 3timeswas a day and use hydrogen peroxid to wash your face that what the proactiv use so dont trust in dreams that come true to good to be true dont feed the proactiv you will end loosing more

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 12/18/2012 3:22 pm

First of, I'm sorry about your experience. However, telling everyone not to buy their products is a little far off. I personally really enjoy the cleanser. My face feels smoother, cleaner, and just better after using it. I don't however use the toner, or the lotion(dries me out too much) but I really enjoy the cleanser. I think proactiv has gained a really unfair reputation as an acne system. Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work. I had a friend that used the cleanser and had a bad reaction to it, turned out she was allergic to benzoil peroxide. She called in and they not only refunded her the money for the system, but paid for the doctors consultation. A lot of people have bad experiences with companies, proactiv just happens to be one of the many, it's not exclusion. However to say it's a "scam" is not okay. A lot of people have had great success with proactiv. Yes, to some it may cause redness, peeling, dryness. But doesn't the acne.org system cause the same side effects too? The difference is that there is a forum/blog/website that for the most part tells you what you're in for and that it's perfectly normal to experience those side effects while dealing with BP. Proactiv's ingredients also contain BP, so what makes that any different? Certainly people who quit will most likely quit because of those side effects, but if you stick with it, you'll probably end up getting results. Of course, for some, it may not work, but I still think it's unfair to say proactiv doesn't work and/or it is a scam, but I am sorry about your experience.

Also, you should only be washing your face 2x a day. Washing your face too much cause irritation and dryness, which will lead to more breakouts. Also, it's not okay to use hydrogen peroxide on your face(the watered down solution) yes, many have had great success with it, however it will also kill good bacteria that your skin needs to protect itself and will cause faster aging as it involves free radicals.