Notifications
Clear all

Accutane , Whiteheads, Okay To Use Bp + Accutane?

MemberMember
(@winteracne)

Posted : 12/15/2012 2:39 am

Hello All,

I started accutane yesterday. Today is end of day 2. All these while i was on BP. My face was clear with occasional white heads here and there. I couldn't do anything about chest and back acne as they are difficult to reach to apply BP. I stopped BP from past 3 days since i am on accutane.

I asked my derm to start with low dosage. i've been prescribed Claravis 20mg per day and i weigh 170 pounds. I already see 5 white heads.

I wanted to know if it is okay to use BP while on accutane atleast during the initial breakout period or should i just let BP do whatever it wants to do and suck it up?

MemberMember
(@g33tar)

Posted : 12/15/2012 7:11 am

I don't think you're meant to use topicals at all during the treatment. your skin gets very sensitive to everything, and something that will make your skin dryer should be avoided. i am just coming out of my IB now (touchwood) and i avoided using any topicals. it was very tempting i admit, but i think it will do more harm then good in the long run. your face is going to start getting dry and sensitive, and you dont want to aggitate it and make it redder then its already going to be. good luck!

MemberMember
(@winteracne)

Posted : 12/15/2012 1:26 pm

How long was your IB ?

MemberMember
(@g33tar)

Posted : 12/16/2012 5:29 am

How long was your IB ?

only lasted 7 or 8 days fortunately. im expecting more breakouts over the course, but it seems to have stopped already which is better then i expected.

I was using differin for about 8 months before, and had already had an IB from that, so whether that played any role in shortening my IB i dont know. It was pretty rough, but i was happily surprised at how quickly it went. i did my best to avoid popping the many many whiteheads i got... but i was lucky in the timing because im at home studying for exams anyway. best of luck with yours. hopefully youll have a short IB or none at all!