Notifications
Clear all

Moisturiser With Retin-A? Confused!

MemberMember
(@flaxen)

Posted : 11/28/2012 8:35 am

I've just started using Retin-A 0.01% gel and I can't work out if I'm supposed to use a moisturiser with it or not? The first time I used it I did just because I assumed that was a good idea but it balled up and stung. So I looked it up online and some sources seemed to say don't use a moisturiser but others say do... I stopped using one but my skin is dry and I don't think my lighter daytime moisturiser is enough... So I thought I'd follow some recommendations I'd read to apply moisturiser 30min-1hour after Retin-A. It still stung, which I can put up with, I just want to know if I am doing something wrong... What do you guys do? (I was going to use La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche as my night time moisturiser)

MemberMember
(@roselilium)

Posted : 11/30/2012 10:35 am

I cleanse, apply serum and moisturiser, then wait for 30-60 mins. Then I apply my tretinion cream. Then I apply clindagel as a spot treatment. That's how I do it, but other people may have different methods that work better for them. Do what feels right for your skin - all the best!

MemberMember
(@flaxen)

Posted : 11/30/2012 8:28 pm

Thanks, I decided to use my moisturiser before the retin-a too. I found conflicting articles written by dermatologists one saying use it before and one after but I tried using it before and it seemed to work better and it made sense to me to leave aplication of the tretinoin til last thing before lights out. Thanks again!