Notifications
Clear all

Dry Scalp, What To Do?

MemberMember
(@sallysa)

Posted : 11/28/2012 4:35 pm

My scalp is so dry. I am washing my hair about every 4 or 5 days. I'm on day 30 of accutane. Any suggestions for a dry scalp? Most of the products out there are for dry hair, but not specifically for scalp. I don't want to make my hair all oily and stringy, but would like to give my scalp some relief.

THanks-

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 11/28/2012 6:28 pm

Ugh, yeah, went through that, too. Aside from drinking lots of water, try using only moisturizing conditioner when washing your hair. Shampoo is way too drying for some of us on this stuff. As long as you really work the conditioner onto your scalp with your fingertips before rinsing, you won't be left with a greasy residue and your hair will be just as clean. I have long hair and am no longer on the drug and still use this method. It works. smile.png Good luck!

eta: If you try this method and use a conditioner that contains silicone you'll probably need to clarify with a shampoo once a month or so due to build-up. You won't need to do that if you use a cone-free product like V05 or Suave.

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 11/28/2012 7:33 pm

dermol 500 lotion is good

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/06/2012 1:58 pm

I'm having the same prob. Only side effect so far. Went from extremely oily hair/scalp that looked wet everyday if I didn't wash it to dry and itchy scalp washing every other day. I'm using redken color extend now but thinking about switching to a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner from the brand since I've always had more success with it than with other hair care lines/products (I've used them all too...). Agree that any suggestions on this would be very, very greatly appreciated by me, as well!!

MemberMember
(@sallysa)

Posted : 12/06/2012 11:24 pm

I forgot I had some WEN left. I didn't used to like it very much because my hair was oily and the WEN didn't really get all the oil out as much as I wanted it to. But now, I'm loving it! Since I started using it I haven't had any dry itchy scalp at all. Only thing is it's more expensive.

Thanks for your comments!