Notifications
Clear all

How To Get Rid Of Pih On Cheeks

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/27/2012 4:49 pm

The PIH on my cheeks has been here almost 3 years. Some of it has faded somewhat but there's still a lot of redness. I can feel my cheeks and it will feel smooth but when I look in the mirror there is redness everywhere. I'm wondering what lotions or meds I can put on my cheeks to get rid of the PIH. I know PIH eventually does go away but I want it gone. I get tired of looking at it. If my cheeks were clear then I wouldn't think my face looked so bad.

And I don't really get pimples on my cheeks anymore. Every now and then I will but not as much as I used to get.

Help please. If you read this, leave a comment.

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:18 pm

Hi, I'm the same. I've started using Apple Cider Vinegar though the last few days and have noticed a difference in the redness, so i'm thinking it is this! I would give it a ago if i was you, I have a ton of red marks and my face wouldn't look as bad if it wasn't for them. I have a thread going at the moment, updating it. I hope this helps and good luck smile.png

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:28 pm

Hi, I'm the same. I've started using Apple Cider Vinegar though the last few days and have noticed a difference in the redness, so i'm thinking it is this! I would give it a ago if i was you, I have a ton of red marks and my face wouldn't look as bad if it wasn't for them. I have a thread going at the moment, updating it. I hope this helps and good luck smile.png

When do you put the vinegar on your cheeks? What time during the day?

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:29 pm

During the night I've been doing it, it really smells so I wouldn't want to put it on the day lol! :) I just put it on my cheeks yes, I dilute it with water. I put a spoon full of the vinegar in a bowl and then a spoon full of water and then just dab it on my face :)

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:35 pm

During the night I've been doing it, it really smells so I wouldn't want to put it on the day lol! smile.png I just put it on my cheeks yes, I dilute it with water. I put a spoon full of the vinegar in a bowl and then a spoon full of water and then just dab it on my face smile.png

So pretty much you just mix the water and the vinegar together in a bowl then put it on your face with your fingers? Sorry if I seem lost. I'm trying to understand.

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:43 pm

During the night I've been doing it, it really smells so I wouldn't want to put it on the day lol! smile.png I just put it on my cheeks yes, I dilute it with water. I put a spoon full of the vinegar in a bowl and then a spoon full of water and then just dab it on my face smile.png

So pretty much you just mix the water and the vinegar together in a bowl then put it on your face with your fingers? Sorry if I seem lost. I'm trying to understand.

Yes, don't use your fingers though, use a flannel or maybe cotton wool - cotton wool is what I've been using! :)

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:47 pm

Apple cider vinegar

lavender essential oil

Retin-A

MemberMember
(@sunshine7587)

Posted : 11/27/2012 7:37 pm

Rosehip seed oil & bha helped my pih

tremendously . They have a rosehip & hibiscus serum @ [Removed] that I use. I get my bha from Paula's choice... I use the 2% bha gel. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/28/2012 12:22 pm

Yes, don't use your fingers though, use a flannel or maybe cotton wool - cotton wool is what I've been using! smile.png

Is there a certain brand of apple cider vinegar you use? And can you get it somewhere like at Walmart?

Can someone explain what this means?

"The application is simple: use a cotton ball to apply a solution of two parts water to two parts apple cider vinegar to the affected areas of the skin and rub for one to two minutes every morning and night."

What does the part about the 'apply a solution of two parts water to two parts apple cider vinegar...' mean? I don't understand what two parts water and two parts apple cider vinegar means?? Someone help me please...

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/28/2012 5:32 pm

Yes, don't use your fingers though, use a flannel or maybe cotton wool - cotton wool is what I've been using! smile.png

Is there a certain brand of apple cider vinegar you use? And can you get it somewhere like at Walmart?

"The application is simple: use a cotton ball to apply a solution of two parts water to two parts apple cider vinegar to the affected areas of the skin and rub for one to two minutes every morning and night."

What does the part about the 'apply a solution of two parts water to two parts apple cider vinegar...' mean? I don't understand what two parts water and two parts apple cider vinegar means?? Someone help me please...

Yes, you can buy the Apple Cider Vinegar anywhere, people recommend Braggs although I use a different brand and it seems to be working on me. Braggs also have a website, just Google them. As for the quote you've posted, I'm a bit confused by that as well... I've told you how I'm using it and like I said it seems to be helping me and hopefully will continue this way, hope this helps! :)

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/29/2012 2:38 pm

Yes, you can buy the Apple Cider Vinegar anywhere, people recommend Braggs although I use a different brand and it seems to be working on me. Braggs also have a website, just Google them. As for the quote you've posted, I'm a bit confused by that as well... I've told you how I'm using it and like I said it seems to be helping me and hopefully will continue this way, hope this helps! smile.png

I guess I'll go get some ACV tonight and start using it tonight. I'll try it for one week and see if I notice a difference.

Another question - are you sure just a simple spoon full of ACV and also water is enough? No more than a spoon full? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:58 pm

Yes, you can buy the Apple Cider Vinegar anywhere, people recommend Braggs although I use a different brand and it seems to be working on me. Braggs also have a website, just Google them. As for the quote you've posted, I'm a bit confused by that as well... I've told you how I'm using it and like I said it seems to be helping me and hopefully will continue this way, hope this helps! smile.png

I guess I'll go get some ACV tonight and start using it tonight. I'll try it for one week and see if I notice a difference.

Another question - are you sure just a simple spoon full of ACV and also water is enough? No more than a spoon full? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Yes, I've just been using a spoonful of each, you don't want to dilute it too much or it will lose its goodness and you also don't want to leave too much vinegar in as it can affect your face and make it go really red at first. I didn't dilute it when I first done it and my face went really red, so I would recommend spoonful of each! Not to worry, and best of luck with it! Let me know how it goes :)

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 11/30/2012 8:54 am

Yes, I've just been using a spoonful of each, you don't want to dilute it too much or it will lose its goodness and you also don't want to leave too much vinegar in as it can affect your face and make it go really red at first. I didn't dilute it when I first done it and my face went really red, so I would recommend spoonful of each! Not to worry, and best of luck with it! Let me know how it goes smile.png

OK. Will do. I'll give it a week at putting it on at night and see how it goes. See if I notice any difference. Thanks for your help.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 01/09/2013 9:52 am

I doubt that any creams/topicals will help a pih that's been there for 3 years.

You should consider a medium/deep peel with AHA / v-beam / IPL.