Notifications
Clear all

First Post - My Neck Nodule Acne (Pictures), Just Started Mino

MemberMember
(@jye21)

Posted : 11/27/2012 7:20 am

Hello all, I am an 18 year old male living in Enlgand, UK.

I have always had acne on the face and neck, and for a good 2 years have been getting the nodule type on my neck. But nothing has been as painful as the one(s) I have had in the past week or so .. so I went back to my doctor yesterday and he started me on minocycline and has asked me to come back in a month if I am still having issues, which he will then refer me to a consultant. Before minocycline I was on lymecycline for about a year + and before that oxytetracycline.

Here are two pictures of the nodules I have at the moment, one as you can see is rather bad which has been causing be ridiculous amounts of pain and discomfort, the other one has healed after about 10 days, but is still itchy and visible.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips for keeping the pain down ? And what side effects have you experienced for mino ? Thanks.

leftsideneck.jpg

neckrightside.jpg

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/27/2012 8:02 am

Hey JYE21,

I used to get these painful spots on my neck and ear, that would become very large and eventually surface. I've cured mine with a change in diet, and can definitely offer advice if you're interested.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/28/2012 1:53 am

congratulations,I am happy for you that you have cured your problem,but I am more interested in what you cut out of your diet,were you intolerant to something that caused the painful spot and no longer eat it and this alone cured you,otherwise we could eat 5 cabbages a day and nothing else and all of us would be cured.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/29/2012 2:17 am

Kasyani,

No, I didn't eat cabbages to get rid of them :)

I can give you a simple list of what made up the basis of my diet :

-saturated fats (a lot. Avocados, bacon, beef, chicken, pork, fish)

-kale greens (every variety)

-zucchini

-no processed foods

-no junk food

-no drinking

-no smoking

-foods high in good cholesterol

-less than 100g cars per day

Click on my diet log link to see what I did.

I never had the discipline to jump away from mcdonalds, jbox, and all of the other terrible foods out there, but I can finally say I did it. I was tired of waiting a few weeks for a giant cyst to rise to the surface and have it eventually burst. Sometimes I'd use the collar of my shirt to soak out the blood and pus.

My diet had a lot to do with healing the circulatory system with good cholesterol, and letting my lymphatic system and liver take a break from all of the terrible things I've done to my body (smoking, drinking, etc.).

I don't need these things to live a good life. I'm 30 and I'd sure as hell like to look good when I'm 40.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:21 am

Kasyani,

No, I didn't eat cabbages to get rid of them smile.png

I can give you a simple list of what made up the basis of my diet :

-saturated fats (a lot. Avocados, bacon, beef, chicken, pork, fish)

-kale greens (every variety)

-zucchini

-no processed foods

-no junk food

-no drinking

-no smoking

-foods high in good cholesterol

-less than 100g cars per day

Click on my diet log link to see what I did.

I never had the discipline to jump away from mcdonalds, jbox, and all of the other terrible foods out there, but I can finally say I did it. I was tired of waiting a few weeks for a giant cyst to rise to the surface and have it eventually burst. Sometimes I'd use the collar of my shirt to soak out the blood and pus.

My diet had a lot to do with healing the circulatory system with good cholesterol, and letting my lymphatic system and liver take a break from all of the terrible things I've done to my body (smoking, drinking, etc.).

I don't need these things to live a good life. I'm 30 and I'd sure as hell like to look good when I'm 40.

I am happy for you that your diet is working,I am not doubting that it's working for you,I can clearly see that from your pictures.but can you see my point of view,that everyone with spots could be cured by eating ONLY cabbages and drinking ONLY cabbage water everyday and consuming NOTHING else would be cured.

I have lived the misery of a huge spot on my face week in week out for 10 years,while agreeing with your diet,I don't agree that a detox is neccessary.

Since the virtual dissappearance of my spots over 25 years ago,I continued drinking/smoking up until my stroke,suffering with a big spot about once a year,which WAS caused by CHEMICAL enhanced additives in certain food/drink products and medicines,infact I am trying out different tablets for my cholestral and blood pressure,(obviously with my doctor's help) as my big spot started to make a regular appearance again all these years later.

So what I am saying is that I could go on a healthy cabbage diet and be caught out by consuming these CHEMICALS to which I have a tolerance.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:32 am

I highly recommend the following documentaries :

- forks over knives

- fathead

- fat, sick, and nearly dead

All of which are available for free on hulu. I have criticisms about all of them, but what all of them do well is clearly illustrate a point.

The body eventually gives up the fight, and I believe a stroke is a very very life-changing experience, caused by a lifetime of poor habits. Heart attacks, heart disease, and cancer can all be reversed and prevented a lot of the time. My body has undergone sever trauma in the past (concussion and an impact fractured / shattered arm which required pins and surgery). Post surgery with a lot of antibiotics, my skin saw strange clearing.

It's bizarre what our bodies can do in times of sever trauma.

I wish you the best of luck in finding health and recovering from your stroke.