Notifications
Clear all

Breakouts From Stopping Benzoyl Peroxide?

MemberMember
(@anotherdaypassesby)

Posted : 11/12/2012 5:21 pm

So after 2 months of continuous break outs, i might have found out why i was breaking out in the first place. I didn't really think that stopping BP had anything to do with my breakouts, but i did some research and found that some people actually breakout worse after stopping BP. Before BP, i had a few bumps, but i continued using it for about 6 months. It kept my skin at bay, but i still had some acne. I have stopped BP because of the long term side effects and it has been 2 months and i'm still breaking out. They mostly consist of little clogged pores that pusses out some times. Lots of black heads, red blotchy skin and some pimples that are big, but never comes to head(they get big, then goes back in my skin and leaves a bump that doesn't get any better or worse). I'm not sure if it could be a cause of my acne but if anybody has broken out after quitting BP, i would love a reply. Also, did it eventually get better? If so, how long? Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 11/13/2012 3:13 am

I'm currently still on BP, but I heard that you cant stop cold turkey, you have to gradually get off of it. Like use it once a day or once every other day. I'm not sure what you did but it might have something to do with that. Check it out. And I'm sure it will go away eventually, especially since you were using it for 6 months. My response probably isn't much help but I just wanted to chime in. :)