Notifications
Clear all

After Suffering Since Age 15-30, I Have Found My Cure, It Was Something Easy All Along!

MemberMember
(@drpsnw)

Posted : 08/12/2012 5:26 pm

So let me start off by saying am a 30 year old male. I have had pustules, palupes, whiteheads, blackheads, but mainly cysts and sometimes occasionally nodules, just about them all, I was seriously a mess, but rarely no body acne. I'd have them on my forehead, and mainly around my mouth, the infamous "T area".

I thought it was abrasion, folliculitis (because I rarely got them on my forehead when my hair was short/buzzed, but when it grew out I'd get cysts right where the hair would be hitting my forehead), diet, coffee, sugar, dairy (big coffee drinker), chips, you name it I tried to not eat it. When it comes to creams and over the counter stuff I've also tried it, accutane, etc. Home remedies and vitamins, again, tried it all, biotin, niacin, garlic, ACV, fish oil, carrot juice, etc. Even loads of water.

Maybe from trying so many things over the years, I might have gotten rid of something, maybe a bacteria or fungal that was on my face, I dunno, because I tried using ACV/tea tree as a toner, tried the ACNE.org regimen stuff too (couldn't stand the burning so I stop it really quick). Because I know from old pics (my memory must have suppressed it because I didn't remember it being that bad) when I was in junior high and high school my forehead was just covered with red dots, but rarely around my mouth. Then when I went to college, I just had an occasional cyst/whitehead only around my chin, and nose because like I mentioned above, my hair was buzzed so it was off my forehead, but it was about that time that I was actually trying to figure this out and dating more, so I was washing like I was suppose to (2x a day, morning and night, and a facial moisturizer right after, msg me if you want to know what I use, I have sensitive skin so I do use a certain lotion/soap) So maybe it was just hygiene that stopped the smaller red dots (pustules, palupes, whiteheads, blackheads.) that would cover my forehead.

So, I definitely was experiencing two different styles of acne through out the years. As I entered adulthood, I was mainly getting cysts, like a new one right after the old one was healing, you know the ones that would take like a week to grow into an eraser sized bump, be all red (because I also had the hyper pigmentation) come to a head, then take another week to heal, and surprise a new one somewhere else, sometimes getting new ones every other day. This is when I started to visit this site and I was trying everything, I did get some results, so I thought I must be on the right track. I had months where I was not getting any then break out right when something great was about to happen (always the case right?) Seriously, whole months of no break outs. I was telling everyone I thought it was this and that, but then get embarrassed when I'd all of a sudden I'd break out and hide in my room. This was all happening the last 5 years.

Well here is the good news, its been probably over a year since my last cyst. Sometimes I would feel a new bump, you know? Get all scared and then the next day or the following day, GONE. They would disappear on there own. I was even suppose to be on TV last month, I felt like I was getting two right on my cheek, second day, they felt bigger, I was really stressing cuz I was already on TV but it was still taping and I was like, "why me! why now!", then the third day, GONE. Every once in a while I'd get a little red spot and look closer and its only a little white head that I could just squeeze out and later that day no more red spot. So I am confident I found the cure, the answer and it was something so easy.

So what works for me and I hope its universal, (for cysts at least,) I can even eat whatever I want, chips (of course now my doc says I have high cholesterol haha), coffee, dairy, etc with no fear, but I still think some foods do trigger (definitely chocolate and seaweed EDIT: I eat seaweed and chocolate and don't break out now) but because my skin is healthier, it is able to combat the situations, that's why they go away, (which they never use to do, they would always turn to a whitehead, guaranteed.) but I do tho still have the blackheads on my nose but whatever, can't even see them unless your inches from from my face. FYI I really tried to tell an acquaintance and test out my theory before posting on here, didn't want to just go off, then look like a fool when it doesn't work for anyone else, (even told my doc, she looked at me like she new already.)

So what is my cure? my savior? Its eating fruit which I use to never do and I KNOW people are guilty of, unfortunately it does get expensive but that's what it is for me. What I do is I make a smoothie, in the morning, every other day or every two days or daily, whatever. I blend up at least two different fruits, maybe three (i.e. banana, grapes, apples, plums, sometimes oranges), some ice, yogurt, sometimes peanut butter, then add a liquid whether it be coffee, green tea, carrot juice, grape juice. And recently started to add wheatgrass (which is really expensive but you don't have to). I stopped all the vitamins and remedies, I just do that and wash my face and moisturizer. THAT'S ALL! (EDIT: its possible there was a bacteria or fungus on my skin that I might have killed when I was using tea tree toner)

Finally, I want to hear people comments, please msg me or post. I want to know if this works for others (give it a few weeks to 1 month). I was a mess with little to no hope, and now I am 99% clear and I finally can go out and enjoy my life, and plan things, without fear. (p.s. I am single, so all the single ladies, if I have shown you the light and I am your savior, don't be afraid to propose, haha, I could use a little boost in self-esteem tongue.png)

UPDATE at post #10!!

MemberMember
(@snyderl)

Posted : 08/14/2012 11:09 pm

I am so glad you found something that worked for you. Cystic acne is agonizing, tormenting, and even crippling (socially I mean). But I'm a little disappointed b/c I eat tons and tons and tons of fruit. I always have. Are you sure you didn't change anything else?...I've tried pretty much everything, even went on the dreadful Accutane and it didn't work for me. :( Just fruit?...no secret potion or anything?

dsamson liked
MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/15/2012 12:10 am

I find this interesting - a lot of people link fruit with acne because of the sugar in fruit and the effect of sugar in the body contributing to acne

Though I will say that in the last week I've eaten a ridiculous amount of strawberries and have noticed some good changes in my skin. I was thinking it was more of a coincidence than anything else... maybe you're on to something :P

So it was just eating more fruit for you? Any other diet changes? How long were you doing this before starting to see results and then being completely clear?

Even if it doesn't work for everyone else - I'm glad to hear you've found something that's worked for you! Congrats :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/15/2012 2:44 am

I find this interesting - a lot of people link fruit with acne because of the sugar in fruit and the effect of sugar in the body contributing to acne

Though I will say that in the last week I've eaten a ridiculous amount of strawberries and have noticed some good changes in my skin. I was thinking it was more of a coincidence than anything else... maybe you're on to something tongue.png

So it was just eating more fruit for you? Any other diet changes? How long were you doing this before starting to see results and then being completely clear?

Even if it doesn't work for everyone else - I'm glad to hear you've found something that's worked for you! Congrats smile.png

plums, apple, carrot celery wheat grass juice, grapes all anti acne http://www.bukisa.com/articles/414506_fruits-that-can-fight-acne

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/15/2012 5:48 am

plums, apple, carrot celery wheat grass juice, grapes all anti acne http://www.bukisa.co...-can-fight-acne

Thanks for the link :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/15/2012 7:08 am

Glad you found something that works for you. I would not recommend people go on a fruit binge especially if you have blood sugar issues (as do I).

MemberMember
(@drpsnw)

Posted : 08/20/2012 6:03 pm

...I always have. Are you sure you didn't change anything else?...I've tried pretty much everything, even went on the dreadful Accutane and it didn't work for me. sad.png Just fruit?...no secret potion or anything?

No nothing else. Just along as I make a smooth like every other day, every 2 days, every day, drink in the morning and make sure there is 2 to 3 diff kinds of fruit in the blender, that is all. Our recommended is 2 cups of fruit, daily. I also drink the correct amount of daily intake of water, but I did that earlier and it alone wasn't working.

Even as I was typing it I had one growing but on the 2nd day almost gone, 3rd day not one trace. Also today, I have traces of one, yesterday was the first day, I felt it going to bed, (I had sushi on sunday) today is the 2nd day and I hardly feel anything, and I know tomorrow it will be gone. This is just how my skin reacts now, use to never before, use to always turn to a whitehead etc. but now they just go away. Definitely didn't just grow out of it (acne).

Though I will say that in the last week I've eaten a ridiculous amount of strawberries and have noticed some good changes in my skin. I was thinking it was more of a coincidence than anything else... maybe you're on to something tongue.png

Even if it doesn't work for everyone else - I'm glad to hear you've found something that's worked for you! Congrats smile.png

Just fruit, I use to never eat it. Well I knew right away because I would have a new cyst every other day, a couple a week. So once the weeks just kept going by and I would wake up and go straight to work instead of checking out my face and eye-balling every inch. Weeks turned into months, and I knew it was that because I stopped everything else, (vitamins, remedies etc) like months prior cuz it was hit or miss, and this was the only thing I kept doing, which was totally different from my usual.

But I recommend doing it for at least a full month and not give up at the first sign of one. But like I mention before I am sure this is only for cyst, you know the ones that feel like they are under the skin, and they get really big. I mean I still do get those really small whiteheads that only live for a couple hours (bacteria/folliculitis related).

And thanks for all the support!

MemberMember
(@cannabliss)

Posted : 08/26/2012 1:23 am

How long has this fruit thing been working for you? There were times when I thought I found my acne "cure", which usually lasted a month and then I would get a big zit again. This happened with benzo peroxide and cutting out dairy. They worked wonders at first but after a while I learnt they didn't cure acne but they certainly helped! Anyway, I'm going to eat more fruit now

MemberMember
(@drpsnw)

Posted : 08/27/2012 7:05 pm

Glad you found something that works for you. I would not recommend people go on a fruit binge especially if you have blood sugar issues (as do I).

I must mention this is not a fruit binge, I did not or have not mentioned the word binge, this is just adding fruit to a diet that was otherwise completely void of it. And more than one kind, at least 2 to 3 different kinds. A couple times to everyday of the week. While still eating whatever I want, but of course now I have to be careful and not eat stuff I am allergic to as I did cut so much stuff out of my diet thinking it was something I had to take away instead of adding. And finding I might be allergic to a lot (haha).

How long has this fruit thing been working for you? There were times when I thought I found my acne "cure", which usually lasted a month and then I would get a big zit again. This happened with benzo peroxide and cutting out dairy. They worked wonders at first but after a while I learnt they didn't cure acne but they certainly helped! Anyway, I'm going to eat more fruit now

Like I mentioned in my OP, there was times when I was trying other stuff that I had time increments in the months that I was clear then cuz I felt like I didn't want to be dependent on something I would stop what I was trying and it would come back, or eat something I had a feeling would make me break out and it would, but right now I am over 6 months, close to 1 year, of being free and clear of cysts (the bigger ones, I still do get the occasional whitehead or folliculitis and blackheads on my nose) with no anxiety of it coming back, and remember I was breaking out with a new one every other day, a few a week!

And those things that I know make me break out for sure, seaweed and cheap chocolate (store bought candy, Reese's, Butterfingers, etc versus expensive chocolate) still do make one pop up but after day three it makes itself go away with no rupture (pop) or nothing, and they aren't as red (hyper pigmentation) as they use to be. I do still drink dairy and it wasn't a problem for me.

Also yes try it, nothing to loose, I mean its not like I am telling you to go buy some random product you can only find in one store or have to google just to figure out what it is. This is easy! and what you are suppose to eat anyways. 2 cups worth daily, I recommend different kinds and I don't do it daily, sometimes make a smoothie (easier on the jaw an all that chewing) every 3 days.

MemberMember
(@drpsnw)

Posted : 02/18/2013 6:19 pm

Well here's and update, still acne free, I've had maybe one or two whiteheads that only lasted a day and then whitehead then gone during this whole time since I last posted (remember I was getting one every other day! I had a minimum of 2 on any given day). I make a smoothie maybe once or twice a week still. I still eat whatever I want, and actually had a issue with my eczema (dry skin) and being allergic (itchy) to a new family dog so I stop washing my face daily and still acne free! (only get one if I scratch my face hard and that's how i got that one or two)

But now occasionally I am getting folliculitis on my legs, but I think I am contributing this to my eczema medicine, which one of there side effects is folliculitis, or my semi tight jeans (abrasion) or from scratching and spreading bacteria/fungi or all of the above. But I still had some left over tea tree solution (mixed with water) and I rubbed it on for a few days and it I think it did help, cuz I was getting big ones that would be red for a few days and also the ones that would only last one day and be a whitehead really fast. So now the big ones stop happening but still get the small ones (occasionally using the eczema medicine so I must have spread some bacteria or something and was getting two different kinds of acne even tho it was on the same area, and a week later, no more.

So to conclude I highly believe big acne like cyst or smaller ones like pustules, palupes, whiteheads, blackheads is caused by a fungus and/or bacteria infection that is on your skin and must use something like witch hazel and/or tea tree and/or lavender to kill it and eating fruit will help your skin heal faster and more resistant to infection. But you know don't go over board as it takes your body 2 weeks to 1 month to get use to the new way of things. Also one of the following (witch hazel and/or tea tree and/or lavender ) might not work so try the other, but don't give up after just one week.

Finally one important serious issue, no laughing. If you are dating, and you go down on girls, if your girl has a, you know, girly infection, you will get acne around your mouth. I'm dead serious.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 02/23/2013 7:02 pm

please msg me or post.

I would never flavor enhance anyone on this site.

Fruit smoothies are so great. You are allowing your body to access more of the vital nutrients by breaking down the cell walls in the blender. It's also simply an easy way to get your greens/fruits into your diet. You can purchase organic wheatgrass powder at mountainroseherbs.com for dirt cheap btw. Or any other bulk herb dealer

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/24/2013 1:35 am

weird, because some say mixing fruits isnt the "natural" way to eat them. So much conflicting info..

MemberMember
(@drpsnw)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:23 pm

weird, because some say mixing fruits isnt the "natural" way to eat them. So much conflicting info..

wtf???!!! Isn't your teeth and your stomach a blender? A blender does exactly what your teeth will do but faster and your stomach mixes the fruit and everything else in your stomach, I don't see how its not "natural."

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:21 pm

wtf???!!! Isn't your teeth and your stomach a blender? A blender does exactly what your teeth will do but faster and your stomach mixes the fruit and everything else in your stomach, I don't see how its not "natural."

I think the idea is that, during our evolution, we ate a bunch of fruits, nuts, seeds, etc throughout the day, and then when we hunted, we would binge on meat. Since meat is a large source of calories that readily spoils, we would usually eat meat alone.

That's the logic. Well, it should be. People actually say that 'fruit sits on top of your stomach and ferments', which actually gets me a lil mad whenever I read it, because like you said, the stomach is like a blender. Stuff doesn't just sit there unless you lose your vagus nerve.