Notifications
Clear all

V-Beam Success! (Acne Scars, Red Marks!)

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 02/13/2012 11:58 pm

So, I know there are mixed reviews on the V Beam, but I would like to share my personal experience, just to help those with acne scarring and red marks. I've struggled with acne for years, I am only 17, but mine started in 4th grade. My parents allowed me to go on Accutane two years ago, and since then I have never had another cyst. During my cycle, I get one to two small whiteheads around my jaw, but that's it. Eating healthy, working out, drinking tons of water, and BP has kept my skin clear. My parents allowed me to start V-Beam that was recommend through my dermatologist. My first treatment was about 10 minutes, and no bruising. I was red and puffy for a day, and my marks, (which are only on my cheeks, but all over) were darker for about 4 days. After the first week, I noticed a small difference, only because my marks are red. I had two dark purple ones on my left cheek. After my second treatment two weeks later, I had bruising in four spots, and more redness for about 8 days. Right now, 3 weeks after, the bruising is gone, the purple marks are LIGHT pink, and the red marks of mine are extremely light pink. I have my third treatment in two days, and can't wait. I am so excited about my skin, and am blessed that my scars aren't indented. I just wanted to give my successful review on the V Beam, because those with dark purple to light red marks, can use this. The amount of treatments depends on your marks, and how strong you go each time. Mine decided to go light for less downtime, but for this one I'm going to have her go stronger, so there's more improvement, faster. If there are any questions feel free, I have researched this laser treatment well, so I'll answer the best possible!

About a year ago, I had DARK purple, scarring all over my cheeks, it looked horrible. After a year of just time, they became darker red and red, and now with this treatment, they are hardly noticeable, except for a few. I know how horrible it is to have cystic acne, because I had it, and I know the emotional downfall. If anyone would like to talk, just let me know. I'm here! I'm also new smile.png

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 02/14/2012 11:53 pm

Poo.

MemberMember
(@mbb22)

Posted : 02/17/2012 7:10 pm

Hi, I've been looking on this site for about a year and decided to actually join just so I could reply to your post. I just got vbeam today for the first time. For red marks left from acne. I was a little upset cause I read that some people had great results immediately but my marks seemed a little more red. I feel better reading your post!

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 02/18/2012 1:53 am

I just got my third two days ago, all my marks for the first and second day were EXTREMELY red and right one they're redder than to begin with but going down. As the days go on, the scars will begin lightening. I have a couple of cute little bruises haha, but with time it will look good :). If you want to keep updating, go for it! I'm here with you! Any concerns or questions, let me know!

instead of "redder one.." it's support to be redder now. Stupid autocorrect.

MemberMember
(@kio)

Posted : 07/26/2012 4:35 pm

Hi Supernaturalfanatic and thank-you for your posts!

I'm thinking of getting Vbeam done too for the redness my acne caused.

I was wondering how your redness is doing now that you've gone through atleast 3 treatments.

Hope everything went well!!

MemberMember
(@f5f5)

Posted : 08/13/2012 2:30 pm

Can you post before pictures? And even pictures right now during treatment? I know you might not want to, but I am scheduled for an IPL this thursday for redness, and I'm not sure if the Vbeam would be better. I want to see if we have the same type of redness. I dont have purple marks or whatever, but my face is really red and blotchy. It might be sundamage im not sure.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:26 pm

I just got my third two days ago, all my marks for the first and second day were EXTREMELY red and right one they're redder than to begin with but going down. As the days go on, the scars will begin lightening. I have a couple of cute little bruises haha, but with time it will look good smile.png. If you want to keep updating, go for it! I'm here with you! Any concerns or questions, let me know!

instead of "redder one.." it's support to be redder now. Stupid autocorrect.

I'm looking into Vbeam for my scars. Did you go out in public right after? Could you cover the bruising with makeup?

MemberMember
(@jdog31)

Posted : 12/08/2013 3:14 pm

I just got my third two days ago, all my marks for the first and second day were EXTREMELY red and right one they're redder than to begin with but going down. As the days go on, the scars will begin lightening. I have a couple of cute little bruises haha, but with time it will look good :). If you want to keep updating, go for it! I'm here with you! Any concerns or questions, let me know!instead of "redder one.." it's support to be redder now. Stupid autocorrect.

I'm looking into Vbeam for my scars. Did you go out in public right after? Could you cover the bruising with makeup?

What were the costs of each of your treatments?