Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel0202

By Eating Chocolate - Does It Do Any Harm To Accutane?

Hello!

I have recently started on accutane and I have heared that sugar in generel causes acne.

But I love chocolate!!

By eating chocolate once a week, does it harm anything to my acne course?

Do be aware that diet doesn't cause acne. What causes your acne is deep inside of you. Of course having bad hygiene and eating a lot of greasy food could definitely make your acne worse, but it would never cause it. Once you go on Accutane it will stop your body from creating more acne, you don't have to worry about what you eat or any other day to day aspects of your life.

Edited by DanTheMan123

Basically anything that intereferes with your natural hormone production and increases the production of sebum makes your acne worse. Including chocolate.

Assuming you don't eat so much chocolate that you get diabetes/become morbidly obese/explode/replace your entire balanced diet with it, you can eat chocolate. I'm on Accutane, I occasionally nibble some chocolate, it is No Big Deal. :lol:

People are so doom and gloom.

Assuming you don't eat so much chocolate that you get diabetes/become morbidly obese/explode/replace your entire balanced diet with it, you can eat chocolate. I'm on Accutane, I occasionally nibble some chocolate, it is No Big Deal. lol.gif

Nono, I mean like once a week :) How long are you on accutane, and how are the results?

Assuming you don't eat so much chocolate that you get diabetes/become morbidly obese/explode/replace your entire balanced diet with it, you can eat chocolate. I'm on Accutane, I occasionally nibble some chocolate, it is No Big Deal. lol.gif

Nono, I mean like once a week smile.png How long are you on accutane, and how are the results?

Once a week, you will be absolutely fine. :)

I've been on for two and a half months, totally clear now. ;) Even though I eat chocolate. No side effects aside from dry lips, low dose (20mg).

Nono, I mean like once a week smile.png How long are you on accutane, and how are the results?

Once a week, you will be absolutely fine. smile.png

I've been on for two and a half months, totally clear now. wink.png Even though I eat chocolate. No side effects aside from dry lips, low dose (20mg).

So glad it works for you! Hopefully it will work for me too... Been on it for 3 days now, haven't noticed any side effects yet. My doctor wanted me to be on 2 pillsx20mg for 2 weeks then go over to 3 pills. hopefully 4 pills in the future. regarding that my weight is 86 kg i probably need a high dose :) good luck on your course! how long are you supposed to be on it?