Notifications
Clear all

Don't Have An Antibiotic Yet, Should I Start Differin?

MemberMember
(@abbyroad)

Posted : 09/25/2011 6:05 pm

Ok, so my new birth control has caused these awful breakouts (red papules all over chin cheeks and forehead) but I'm on the third month and waiting it out. I have a dermatologist appointment in a little over 2 weeks, but the nurse gave me some samples of differin and duac to use while I wait (as they had been prescribed to me in my highschool years). Should I use these samples, or wait until my derm appt to get some oral antibiotics to use along with them? Is it ok to start taking oral antibiotics 3 weeks in?

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 05/26/2015 8:26 am

Ok, so my new birth control has caused these awful breakouts (red papules all over chin cheeks and forehead) but I'm on the third month and waiting it out. I have a dermatologist appointment in a little over 2 weeks, but the nurse gave me some samples of differin and duac to use while I wait (as they had been prescribed to me in my highschool years). Should I use these samples, or wait until my derm appt to get some oral antibiotics to use along with them? Is it ok to start taking oral antibiotics 3 weeks in?

Hi I'm on my first and a half month of birth control and am breaking out much more than usual on my cheeks!! I saw you broke out in your second month also... Did it ever clear? And when did u see improvement? Thanks(: