Notifications
Clear all

Those on DKR regimen, what makeup you apply on top of BP?

MemberMember
(@hina79)

Posted : 04/26/2011 8:31 pm

I have started using BP during the day too under makeup. I am using Benzac W 5% but I find it causes some balling when I apply moisturizer on top of it and mineral powder. Any recommendations?

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 05/04/2011 8:26 pm

When I was doing DKR, I seemed to get easily away with Mary Kay mineral powder (other brand mineral powders, not so much). The ingredients I don't believe are ideal, but works great for blending and hiding things. Especially over layers of BP/Moisturizer. Doesn't ball up, just rests on top. Great stuff.

MemberMember
(@sjc11)

Posted : 05/15/2011 12:13 am

After I moisturize, I wait a while and then put on Monistat Chafing gel. IT SOUNDS WEIRD, but it's like a $6 product you can buy at a drugstore that is comparable to high end primers. Anyway, I do that and it really helps with the balling up issue. Then I apply Loreal Bare Naturale mineral makeup with my bare minerals powder brush. I've experimented with makeup a lot while on the regimen, and this seems to be my best fit. <3

MemberMember
(@toxiclipstick)

Posted : 06/20/2011 8:19 am

I'm actually going to buy a Dinair personal airbrush kit. $200 but well worth it and all their makeup is oil free :) I have soo many issues with BP and moisturiser balling up like crazy under normal foundation. This way with airbrushing I won't even have to touch my face

MemberMember
(@cs999)

Posted : 06/20/2011 11:45 pm

I'm actually going to buy a Dinair personal airbrush kit. $200 but well worth it and all their makeup is oil free :) I have soo many issues with BP and moisturiser balling up like crazy under normal foundation. This way with airbrushing I won't even have to touch my face

I got my Dinair airbrush about the time I started the Regimen and boy do I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. The biggest plus is not having to 1) spend half an hour trying (in vain) to cover up my scars and spots and 2) touch up a million times during the day. Best decision (besides starting the Regimen) I ever made.

When my skin was really dry the first week or so, I used the moist and dewy and it seemed to help a ton. Too oily for everyday though.

$200 does seem a little pricey for an initial investment, but you do get a 60 day refund if it doesn't work for you, and the makeup itself ends up being way cheaper than when I used Bare Minerals. There might be some Dinair sets on ebay as well, but of course, buyer beware :)

MemberMember
(@toxiclipstick)

Posted : 06/21/2011 1:20 am

I got my Dinair airbrush about the time I started the Regimen and boy do I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. The biggest plus is not having to 1) spend half an hour trying (in vain) to cover up my scars and spots and 2) touch up a million times during the day. Best decision (besides starting the Regimen) I ever made.

When my skin was really dry the first week or so, I used the moist and dewy and it seemed to help a ton. Too oily for everyday though.

$200 does seem a little pricey for an initial investment, but you do get a 60 day refund if it doesn't work for you, and the makeup itself ends up being way cheaper than when I used Bare Minerals. There might be some Dinair sets on ebay as well, but of course, buyer beware :)

Yeah I'd rather just pay the full $200 and get it from them directly :) I love that there will be no brushes to clean and no brushes means no bacteria :D

MemberMember
(@rmarti62)

Posted : 01/22/2014 4:21 pm

I bought the Dinair system and I have to say I LOVE IT!!! I never break out, actually my skin reacts really well to the makeup...looking less shiny the next day (dont ask me how). I am on the DKR and have been on the regimen for 2 years now so I do have acne prone skin.