MemberMember
(@somewhat-anonymous)

Posted : 02/16/2011 5:26 pm

heres what i wear 5 days out of the week:

revlon photoready foundation (liquid)

covergirl pressed powder

eyeshadow, pencil eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, and mascara

my face wash schedule

7 am (before school), and at 7 pm, so i can have an "even" face washing schedule. i first get home from school around 4 pm.

I dont know whether i should leave my makeup on until 7, or if i should try cleaning it off. I dont know how to clean it off properly, without drying out my skin, or just waiting until my normal 7:00 face wash.

and before anyone says "you shouldnt wear makeup, itll make acne worse", i should inform you that it isnt much of an option for me. i just started wearing makeup again, after not wearing it for at least 3 months, and still having unimproved skin

MemberMember
(@kaz2y5)

Posted : 02/19/2011 10:04 pm

I personally wash my face twice a day, like you. Once in the morning before putting on makeup, and again at night before I go to bed.

I don't think it's worth the hassle to remove makeup til you're ready to wash your face. I do, however, suggest using Pond's cold cream to remove the makeup before you wash your face, since just washing won't take it all off (especially with Revlon liquid foundation. I use ColorStay and I've used Photo Ready before, and both would stay on for weeks if I didn't wash my face. It's like glue).

The cold cream is nice and gentle and won't dry out your skin. You just put it on and wipe it off and your skin is nice and smooth and makeup-less after. :)

MemberMember
(@adalyn)

Posted : 02/19/2011 10:15 pm

I don't think there is a problem with evening out your face washing routine, but what do you mean when you say that you don't know how to remove makeup properly without drying your skin?

MemberMember
(@lisasalas28)

Posted : 10/06/2015 11:46 pm

how do you clean your face when wearing makeup all day. i want to make sure all makeup is off first, should i use cetaphil to clean all makeup off first than use the acne.org cleanser or can the cleanser from acne.org be used as a makeup remover? i also purchased the oil from acne.org can that be used fro removing makeup?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/07/2015 9:59 am

how do you clean your face when wearing makeup all day. i want to make sure all makeup is off first, should i use cetaphil to clean all makeup off first than use the acne.org cleanser or can the cleanser from acne.org be used as a makeup remover? i also purchased the oil from acne.org can that be used fro removing makeup?

The jojoba oil is great as a makeup remover. I wipe some on my face with a cotton round and let the oil sit on my face for a couple of minutes before cleansing. Works really well!!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/22/2015 10:14 am

i use my cleanser first and then rinse off with a washcloth then use a toner afterwards to get off all the excess makeup. toner can dry you out so many times i will rinse my face after the toner with just water to make sure its off my face and then i put my moisturizer on and call it a day. if i am going to work out later on then i wont use my moisturizer until after i have washed my face after my workout.