Notifications
Clear all

skin quality after accutane

MemberMember
(@roadrashed)

Posted : 04/24/2011 6:51 am

Hey all

Im on accutane, my skin is obviously red and dry but its also really uneven and the quality of it looks bad. My skin is usually smooth and quite nice around my eyes but ever since accutane ive got bags under my eyes, large pores and my skins really rough. MY cheeks are really red and the redness stops at my jawline, also the redness stops around my eyes which gives me really bad racoon eyes haha. Will my skin improve after accutane (not in terms of acne) but in terms of quality? also ive got loads of red marks that arent fading very fast, will they fade faster or slower after accutane?

thanks for reading

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 04/26/2011 10:44 am

Hey there. Yes, it should improve. "Tane Face" is common while on the drug, but usually subsides when the course is over. I had the raccoon eyes, too, as well as clown lips (red around the mouth). Attractive, huh? All of that went away within the first month being off of the drug.

MemberMember
(@roadrashed)

Posted : 04/26/2011 6:02 pm

Hey thanks for the reply! thats reassuring to know, ive definitely got the 'tane face' haha

MemberMember
(@13owman)

Posted : 04/26/2011 8:56 pm

My "tane face" has persisted for 2 years.

I still get facial flushing, and my skin is very dry.

Who knows if accutane is causing it, or something i'm eating.

Tens of thousands of people have taken the drug... so take into consideration if it had permanent side effects, it wouldn't be allowed on the market.

I think people just pay even more attention to their skin while on tane and blame tane.

MemberMember
(@fred-q)

Posted : 04/27/2011 12:18 pm

My tane face is still around 5 months after my last pill but its definitely gotten a lot better and is almost gone..

MemberMember
(@eppnet)

Posted : 02/13/2013 11:52 pm

Did anyones dark circles around the eyes go away after treatment ended?

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 02/14/2013 12:54 am

Skin does not replump after accutane. POres do not shrink and the redness/un even skin tone has not subsided after 2 years for me.

The nightmare continues

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 02/14/2013 1:10 am

hi, sometimes accutane can cause permanent changes within the structure of the skin. So some of these side effects don't go away, some do but obviously the skin is thinned during accutane use. even though this drug is on the market you have to bear in mind it is the drug with the highest amount of cases in court, both against dermatologists and against the developers of accutane.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 02/14/2013 1:15 am

Please see before & after album I just uploaded

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 02/14/2013 11:20 am

you are still beautiful to me. I can understand what you are saying about your hair. You seem to have quite a lot of thick red hair in the before photo. When did you start to notice the hair loss ? how bad was your acne before before your skin looked very clear? It is still clear but i noticed the before photo.

MemberMember
(@eppnet)

Posted : 02/14/2013 3:26 pm

I didn't really notice any dark circles in your pics. Did anyones veins and blood vessels disappear after treatment? I have a few bulging veins on my face due to the skin thinning.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 02/15/2013 12:17 am

you are still beautiful to me. I can understand what you are saying about your hair. You seem to have quite a lot of thick red hair in the before photo. When did you start to notice the hair loss ? how bad was your acne before before your skin looked very clear? It is still clear but i noticed the before photo.

I had very thick hair my whole life thats almost gone now - within 2 years. I first noticed it falling out about a month or so after ceasing roaccutane.

I had Mild hormonal acne on my face and back.

The acne returned in July 2012 and is now is all over my arms, back, neck and cheeks.

MemberMember
(@nickireland7yahoo-com)

Posted : 02/17/2013 12:46 am

Redness, uneven tone, and rough skin will go away if you stay gentle. Bags under my eyes stayed :P but whatever!

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 12/07/2013 1:01 pm

If you notice the description, Livetoregret took Accutane at what I'm assuming to be a high dosage for her body weight for a fucking year...Again, an entire year. That is twice the limit for a safe Accutane course.

MemberMember
(@farrison-hord)

Posted : 12/08/2013 1:33 am

The simple truth is that accutane is the shit, and very few people experience side effects to such a degree that they have to stop. Dont be scared by the things that livetoregret is saying. She took accutane for double the amount of time that is safe and honestly, I don't notice much of a difference in her pictures other than the fact that she isn't wearing a crapton of makeup. Side effects for myself were very minimal and nothing in comparison to having acne. All of which went away in the 2nd and 3rd months.

Edit: just realized how old this thread is lol