Notifications
Clear all

Zinc Oxide

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 07/22/2004 9:47 am

Hey all, I know there have been threads about this in the past, that is where I heard of this stuff.

I decided last night to try zinc oxide, Burt's Bees diaper rash cream.

It isn't my favorite diaper cream for my little one, so I had a practically unused tube.

I probably shouldn't switch around from one remedy to another so much, but I just thought I would give it a try.

I washed my face and put it on my red marks last night (just a tiny bit) before bed.

My red marks are a lot less noticeable this morning!

I am actually sort of amazed that it did anything. I thought it would make me break out because it is so thick and creamy.

Maybe it would work like a mask for occasional use between peels to help with red marks.

Does anyone know how long you have to leave it on for it to work? I just slept in it.

I was impressed, and thought I would share it with you. Probably zinc oxide cream intended for the face works better, but this worked pretty well for me.

biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@meche06)

Posted : 07/22/2004 5:58 pm

Did this cream even fade very old red marks? Have you noticed any irritation at all?

Keep us posted. biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/23/2004 2:29 am

vpm thanks for mentioning this! its interesting, my red marks look their absolute best after i use one of my sunscreens with zinc oxide in it, it has amazing healing powers.. so i think im going to try this as well

MemberMember
(@missionaryman101)

Posted : 07/23/2004 10:43 am

I havent used it on my red marks but on the active acne I get I put it on and it seems to dry them up in 2-3 days....

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/23/2004 2:27 pm

I used to use zinc oxide cream a few years back on active acne and I have started using it again and I love it. It is great both for acne, red marks and wound healing. Sometimes I mix it with colostrum and use it that way.

I always like finding the least expensive skin solutions and this is one of the best you can get for your money.

MemberMember
(@1000-julys)

Posted : 07/23/2004 6:19 pm

hmmm would i find this zinc oxide in CVS or some local pharmacy? what aisle would it be in?

MemberMember
(@nomadictraveller)

Posted : 01/15/2006 2:39 am

I used burts bees diaper rash cream when I had a bad sunburn and it worked pretty good on my redness but it made me break out a little not bad though

MemberMember
(@spongy-sheep)

Posted : 01/19/2006 7:47 pm

I think zinc oxide works really well. I was using a powder that contained zinc oxide as an active ingredient and was good at eliminating red scars and preventing acne breakouts.

I stopped using it because it contained 2 antimycotic ingredients and wasnAAt an acne product... I donAAt know of an acne product containing exclusively zinc oxide here where I live....

...so I bought a few creams from eucerin, one has zinc oxide(1 of the components) and the other lactic acid... and they are meant for oily skin....

so, I hope they work

MemberMember
(@mac)

Posted : 01/19/2006 8:31 pm

so I wokr in a hospital I always deal with "zinc triple action cream" we use it tp put in a patients backs...but its very think...shold I use it I still have active acne...will I make it worse..and I have a lot of redness...what u guys think?

MemberMember
(@rsxboi)

Posted : 07/07/2009 11:52 am

Sometimes i use zinc oxide on my pimples....it's 40% zinc oxide baby diaper rash.

MemberMember
(@thursday11)

Posted : 01/15/2010 11:41 pm

a couple summers ago my acne cleared up almost completely, I usually have a few active pimples all the time, plus some red marks, but randomly that summer I had almost no acne at all and my red spots faded away completely. I worked on a lobster boat that summer and used blue lizard sunscreen for sensitive skin almost everyday. the two main ingredients is 10% zinc oxide and 5% titanium dioxide....once i stopped working and went back to school i stopped using the sunscreen and my acne returned to usual...i never made the connection until now that maybe the zinc oxide and titanium dioxide really helped my acne....im going to the store tomorrow to buy a tube of it and test it out again

MemberMember
(@jimpa)

Posted : 01/16/2010 11:00 am

a couple summers ago my acne cleared up almost completely, I usually have a few active pimples all the time, plus some red marks, but randomly that summer I had almost no acne at all and my red spots faded away completely. I worked on a lobster boat that summer and used blue lizard sunscreen for sensitive skin almost everyday. the two main ingredients is 10% zinc oxide and 5% titanium dioxide....once i stopped working and went back to school i stopped using the sunscreen and my acne returned to usual...i never made the connection until now that maybe the zinc oxide and titanium dioxide really helped my acne....im going to the store tomorrow to buy a tube of it and test it out again

Please report back with the results.

MemberMember
(@thursday11)

Posted : 01/18/2010 10:46 pm

hey, so ive been using the sunscreen since saturday morning....no new acne yet....but i suppose its to early to tell if its actually making a difference or not...i'll post back in a week or so....one thing tho, it leaves a white hue on your face, so im gonna start wearing it at night

MemberMember
(@thursday11)

Posted : 01/27/2010 9:49 am

Hey, so since Jan 17 I've been using that sunscreen once a day. I definitely feel it is working. My face produces far less oil, it brought redness and inflammation to a standstill, and I've had probably a 90% reduction in new acne, which is healing quicker, and spots fading faster. I never used a moisturizer before...maybe that is one of the benefits I am finding by using this sunscreen. I'll post back in another week or so with more results.

MemberMember
(@sima)

Posted : 01/27/2010 8:13 pm

Wait, I'm confused.. how exactly is zinc oxide healing your red marks? I understand if it's being used as a spot treatment, but for hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@thursday11)

Posted : 01/30/2010 3:10 am

MemberMember
(@shadowx)

Posted : 01/31/2010 12:21 am

Hi Thursday, do you have a picture of the zinc oxide product(s) you bought? Does any zinc oxide cream work or is there ones for acne purpose? I would like try it before going to peels.

edit: woha! I just read the 2nd article you posted. I really need this! I have a HUGE pimple on my face (it's actually 2 pimples fused together...how disugsting is that??) and I've been at home for a week now (missed all of my classes!!) and I don't think im going for the next few days. It would be great to have this product for future reference.

MemberMember
(@thursday11)

Posted : 02/02/2010 11:35 am

here is a link to the picture of the stuff i bought....it is a sunscreen so the bottle mentions nothing about acne at all

post-112504-1265128544_thumb.jpg

post-112504-1265128544_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@cookiescrumble)

Posted : 06/08/2010 6:42 pm

WOW.

I'm really excited to start using zinc oxide!

Just today my mom bought some all natural sunscreen with 12% zinc oxide and other ingredients such as jojoba oil, EVOO, lavender oil, aloe vera, etc.

I really hope this works for my red marks!

I will report back in a week or so! (:

MemberMember
(@blackatsgoldeneye)

Posted : 07/07/2010 1:44 am

Zinc Oxide does really work. The thing is you need to use an all natural or an organic brand. Walgreens and CVS seem to be carrying more of those types of products these days. Sometimes Publix has some too. Its something you need to give time for it to take complete effect. Don't give up I've tried so many things. Internally its always to take a calcium, magnesium, zinc supplement as well. I also like using Jojoba oil and pure coconut oil for my skin. Jojoba is excellent. It has the ability to trick the skin into stopping the production of sebum through mimicking sebum. Check it out! Its all about going back to the basics of mother nature for proper healing!

ZINC OXIDE

JOJOBA OIL

COCONUT OIL

MemberMember
(@oestergaard)

Posted : 07/07/2010 7:14 am

How many % af Zinc oxide?

I found one product with 12,5% of Zinc Oxide.

It is enough?

Simon.

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 07/07/2010 9:25 am

Does it have to be applied topically?

Or would tablets work?

MemberMember
(@blackatsgoldeneye)

Posted : 07/07/2010 6:06 pm

How many % af Zinc oxide?

I found one product with 12,5% of Zinc Oxide.

It is enough?

Simon.

I actually use baby Avalon Organics soothing zinc diaper balm. It has 25%. The product is great because you don't have to worry about any harsh chemicals that may cause breakouts. I'm sure the 12.5% will work in time but what are the other ingredients?

MemberMember
(@blackatsgoldeneye)

Posted : 07/07/2010 6:18 pm

Does it have to be applied topically?

Or would tablets work?

I apply topically "baby Avalon Organics zinc diaper balm and I use an oral supplement Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc combination. A great homeopathic oral tablet that works great as well, is called "Acne Relief" you can purchase it here.

I stuggled for so long and searched high and low and these are my secrets to success.

MemberMember
(@pixie29)

Posted : 07/10/2010 1:23 pm

hi guyz,

I went to the store today to look at the diaper rash creams , with the hope that they could fade my acne scars.

I looked at 3 different brands:

1. A+D

2. Aveeno

3. JOhnson and Johnson

My concern is that some of the products have lanolin and/or beeswax. Has anyone here tried these and had breakouts or clogged pores.

Eager to hear from you.

Cheers,

pixie