Notifications
Clear all

sf bay area recommendations?

MemberMember
(@cysterella)

Posted : 01/01/2009 5:11 pm

I am living in the San Francisco Bay Area and would like to see someone about dealing with deep pock mark scarring. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Thanks,

Angela

MemberMember
(@nicole0671)

Posted : 01/02/2009 9:59 am

Dr. Berman is in San Fran and he preforms all of the different treatments for scar revision such as subcision, dermal grafts,lasers and etc. He has a website check him out.

MemberMember
(@helio)

Posted : 01/02/2009 3:51 pm

I also was going to go to Dr.Berman but then I saw reviews of him on Yelp and other sites. Seems like a quack.

MemberMember
(@sem)

Posted : 01/02/2009 10:22 pm

sadly, i've read some negative things about dr. berman as well- but i'm also currently looking for recs in the bay area/norcal, particularly for subcision, so i'd be greatly interested in seeing any further feedback. still, thanks to nicole for the rec.

MemberMember
(@drexel)

Posted : 01/03/2009 1:24 am

You can try http://www.californiaskininstitute.com/

They have 3 locations in the south bay: San Jose, Saratoga, and Mountain View.

You can try Dr. Morganroth in Mountain View. They are also the only facility to have

the Fraxel Re:Pair. I personally haven't received any sort of consultation yet, but

this is who I'll be seeing in the next couple of months.

MemberMember
(@beyondthescar)

Posted : 01/03/2009 2:07 pm

Has anyone ever heard of Dr. William Ting from San Ramon? If so, any reviews about him?

MemberMember
(@sem)

Posted : 01/03/2009 2:09 pm

i actually go there currently to see a doctor who only practices part-time due to semi-retirement but have seen dr. colby at the san jose location once, quite casually. i've read little of dr. morganroth but i'd expect he might also be a decent starting point. hope your appt (eventually) goes well.

MemberMember
(@lisaw)

Posted : 05/29/2013 8:51 pm

Has anyone ever heard of Dr. William Ting from San Ramon? If so, any reviews about him?

This is an old thread but I am reviving this thread to see if there is any review? I interviewed by email Dr. Ting and he has experience in subcisions, says he is comfortable with it and has done over 50 subcisions.

If there's any feedback, please let me know. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:15 pm

He sure seems experienced, I've visited his website many times and his answers on realself. He is too far for me though, and like the pp said only morganroth has fraxel repair. I plan on consulting with morganroth soon.

MemberMember
(@lisaw)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:12 pm

Hi ughhhh - Thanks. Make sure you read the yelp reviews on Morganroth. His reviews are matched only by Dr. Berman. A plastic surgeon recommended Morganroth but also warned me that he's very cocky but he's good. So if you can live with that. Another PS recommended Dr. Swengel ([Removed]) if you're looking for fraxel. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:50 pm

On 5/30/2013 at 9:12 AM, lisaw said:

Hi ughhhh - Thanks. Make sure you read the yelp reviews on Morganroth. His reviews are matched only by Dr. Berman. A plastic surgeon recommended Morganroth but also warned me that he's very cocky but he's good. So if you can live with that. Another PS recommended Dr. Swengel ([Removed]) if you're looking for fraxel. Good luck.

Seen gel only has the restore fraxel, which is not nearly good enough for my scars. I can deal with cocky, I want someone to see my problem and know they can fix it and won't just recommend their laser. At least these doctors are versed in the different techniques. Also I have learned my lesson through yelp, I went to a highly rated doctor and he gave me the worst and my most hated scars. Only then did I find his filtered reviews. I hate yelp.