Notifications
Clear all

Redness around sensitive eye area

MemberMember
(@a529612)

Posted : 11/09/2007 2:31 pm

For some reason, BP, BHA and Green Cream all give me redness around the sensitive eye/orbital bone area even if I do NOT use anything there. The rest of my face are handling them just fine. What's the best way to combat this problem? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@golthie)

Posted : 11/09/2007 7:35 pm

If you're using a moisturizer after those products, a lot of times it will "creep up" under your eyes. I usually put a dab of moisturizer under my eyes first with clean fingers then do the rest of my face, being careful not to mix it all together.

MemberMember
(@darkestdaysyet)

Posted : 11/09/2007 11:26 pm

I was having the same problem. I have started to put moisturizer around my eyes before I apply the BP and moisturizer over the rest of my face. It is helping but I still have some flaking on my eyelids. :(

MemberMember
(@a529612)

Posted : 11/10/2007 3:40 pm

How can you tell if this is normal initial redness associated with BP and such and not an allergic reaction to them?

MemberMember
(@notadoctor)

Posted : 11/10/2007 4:34 pm

It sounds like it is probably eczema. The area around your eyes has very sensitive skin, and even if you are not putting stuff there, it still could be causing it.

MemberMember
(@adayinthelife)

Posted : 07/04/2013 6:20 am

same thing, I had some redness near that eye area and got a bit of cream on it, very red and irritated? Not sure what to put on it because they say avoid the eye area but what abou a light, non irritating moisturiser like cetaphil cream? Does this ever go away, it's so annoying.