Notifications
Clear all

Eminence Organic Skin Care

MemberMember
(@yickybird)

Posted : 08/23/2007 11:57 pm

I've been using a cocktail of tea tree oil and jojoba oil along with cetaphil products and have achieved moderate results in clearing my mild to moderate acne and scarring. I've also routinely been having facials. The aesthetician at my salon keeps trying to get me to use the Eminence line of skin care products -- which react well during and immediately after my facial. I like the products but I'm not sure what results I'd get; if they'd be comparable to my current regiment. Not to mention that these products are expensive. I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

MemberMember
(@ragdollcassie)

Posted : 08/27/2007 2:42 pm

Just my opinion, but if she's pushing you to get it, it's because she sells the stuff and earns commission. I personally have not tried that line, but I do use Suki Naturals Organic line and I can attest to that being effective and gentle if your specifically looking to go organic. I've tried the Evan Healy line as well and I like Suki better. This is the starter sample kit to try for anti inflammatory needs:

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@murfirhea)

Posted : 08/27/2007 11:31 pm

Try Ilike Skin Care. It is the same products but at a better price. Ilike was the lady who made these organic skin care products in Hungary, the Eminence line based their products on hers. She broke off from them are started her own line.

Szepelet.com

MemberMember
(@yickybird)

Posted : 08/28/2007 12:43 am

Thank you. Your response was extremely helpful. Do you have a retailer that you'd recommend? I saw many online stores carry Ilike products but if you happen to know which of them is the cheapest, I'd truly appreciate your response.

MemberMember
(@murfirhea)

Posted : 08/28/2007 9:18 pm

I'm not sure on the best prices and such. You could even check Ebay, they might have some up for bid.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/14/2014 9:23 pm

Must try ...

MemberMember
(@nicoblossom)

Posted : 05/27/2015 12:29 pm

I currently use Eminence and love the way it makes my skin feel healthy and balanced, but it doesn't seem to prevent breakouts. I use:

• Clear Skin Probiotic Cleanser every morning and night, and 3-4 times a week I mix it with the Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant to exfoliate
  • Clear Skin Willowbark Booster Syrum
  • Grapefruit-C gel during the day, coconut oil or Eminence Probiotic Moisturizer at night depending on how much moisture I need (the probiotic moisturizer can be really super hydrating, which sometimes is too much for my skin. I also sometimes mix it with water to dilute it).
  • I also use diluted tea tree oil for spot treatment
  • and I use fresh aloe from my garden for scarring/healing and mederma for scarring/hyper-pigmentation
  • Once a week (when I remember), I use the spicy Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment and/or the Clear Skin Masque

As I said, I love everything in their line, it just doesn't prevent my breakouts so I think it is an internal issue rather than external. Let me know if you have luck with it!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/27/2015 1:40 pm

Hi,

My daughter used the Eminence line of products for about 6 months (at the advice of the lady at the spa where she gets her facials) and this is what she found:

-she like the way the products made her skin feel

-she felt good about using products which were supposedly 'organic'

HOWEVER

-her skin (acne) did not improve whatsoever

-when she looked up the products on www.cosdna she found that they all had ingredients that were irritants and chemicals and were not actually 'organic' at all

(they also get very poor ratings on www.beautypedia.com)

So I think that if you have skin problems these products will most likely not clear them up and may in fact irritate your skin if you are sensitive. You can certainly find much better products, especially at the cost!

Just my two cents worth - good luck!

MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 10/28/2015 12:10 pm

I used this product line alongside Kerafole exfoliating mask and the spa's sulfur and zinc mask. IT wreaked HAVOC onto my skin, and I completely regret switching aestheticians. My skin went from one with zits and 2-3 cysts to a gazillion clogged pores and cysts all over my jaw and chin. Stay away.